I have been playing around taking some cute pictures of Ethan and I thought I would share. I cannot believe how fast he is growing and how he is turning into a little man. One of my favorite things about him is his eyes and how he looks at you. He reminds me so much of our little Hollie and I just love the "look". I feel that he can see right through me and knows every little thing that I am thinking. He is adorable and I love him lots. We were at the doctors on Wednesday and he now weighs 10lbs 8oz. We thought he weighed more than that, but I guess he is just long so the chubbiness has room to spread out.
Hollie is still my biggest helper and just loves her little brother to pieces. Ethan has been smiling and cooing the last couple of weeks and Hollie loves to make him smile. He has a super cute smile and I love his little voice. He is growing fast and I know he will be Hollie's age before I know it. I am trying to enjoy every minute and not sweat and worry about the small stuff. I have learned that it's okay to not have a perfectly clean house and to let my floor go a few weeks without being washed, I did sweep though. That has been hard for me because I love a clean house, but I have learned that spending time with my adorable children is priceless. I love them so much and am so grateful that they came to our family. Ryan says, he loves to come home to toys all over the house, because he knows that we have had a fun filled day. At the end of the night I clean it all up, think about the fun day I had and look forward to our next adventurous day.









1 comment:
Yeah! My husband always says that if the house is clean, we have not spent enough time with our kids. Needless to say, my house will never be spot- less and will always have stray toys and crayons somewhere they should not be. I have said it a million times on strangers blogs and since you are not a stranger I will tell you as well... I have an antique window filled with little kids knick knacks hanging in my laundry room. There is a saying on it that says... "They will be gone before you know it, the fingerprints on the wall appear higher and higher ... until suddenly they disappear."
It took a lot of years to figure out what that saying really meant. SERIOUSLY... It took me a long time to re-think my priorities and realize the floor can wait, the dishes are not going anywhere and heck... the laundry can pile up... These amazing little people we have are little for only like two seconds! Enjoy it!
Post a Comment