Where has time gone??

Where has time gone, I ask myself? It has definetly slipped right through my fingers. It's been almost a MONTH since I have posted and I think that is the longest ever! Much to catch up on so I better get started.
Well, my reason for not posting is that I just have not had any time to sit at the compute for a length of time and download pictures and do a little write up. Life has been busy and many things have taken place. Let me start off by explaining why I haven't had time. Well, our sweet little Ethan has just had a hard time adjusting to life outside the womb. A few posts back I mentioned that we had him on nutramigen, well, to make a really long story short that didn't help him. He continued to be uncomfortable and we just were not sure where to go or what to do. So, back to the doctors we went. We have been there a lot lately and I think they all know us by name. Anyway, they gave Ethan a prescription for zantac and figured it must be acid reflux. I just love how doctors assume things, but I do have to say they know more than me. We tried that for a week and we thought we found the problem, Nope. I was back to the doctor's for Ethan's 2 month appointment and the advice we were then given was to switch him from zantac to prevacid and then a week later to soy formula. That was just not sitting right with me. I felt this little guy's body can't take all this switching and medication. Ryan and I both didn't know what to do until... It was the next day a Wednesday evening and Ryan was out with the youth and Ethan screamed for 3 hours straight. I was completely lost and did not know what to do. I tried EVERYTHING and nothing was helping. I finally just put him in the bouncy chair and let him cry while I cried myself. My awesome neighbor, I know, was inspired to come over and drop off some of her insurance information for Ryan at that time and she so kindly took Ethan for a couple hours and let me relax and get my thoughts straight. I spent some time with Hollie and then it was time for her to go to bed. Once she was in bed I sat on the stairs, starred at Ethan's picture and just cried. My thoughts were this, I love you sooo much and all I want is for you to feel better. I know you are right where you are suppose to be and please help me to know what I can do for you. I love you Ethan more than you will ever know. I called a awesome friend of mine who I know was so busy getting things ready to leave on a trip and she took the time to talk to me, listen to me and just be there for me. Thank you, I am so grateful to have a friend like you. Durring that time I felt that both Ethan and I needed a blessing. As soon as Ryan got home we called a friend of ours and he came over and helped give Ethan and me a blessing. It was a beautiful and spiritual experience for all of us. Later that evening Ryan felt that maybe we should go ahead and switch his formula for the 5th time to Soy. We weren't to excited about soy, but at this point we needed to find something that would help this little guy. And low and behold I think we figured out a big part of the problem, he is ALLERGIC to milk. I have to say since we have switched him to soy he has been a different baby. He has been much happier, is smiling a lot more, cooing and he is just the cutest baby. He still has a few moments but what baby doesn't? I am so glad that we were led in the right direction and that we have finally figured it out. He is sleeping a lot better which means that we are sleeping a lot better too. I am finally catching up on a few things I haven't been able to do, but that's okay because I was right where I was suppose to be. I am so glad that I can be home with our kids and that I could just sit on the couch and hold Ethan all day.
Well, I still made a long story long. Oh well, I haven't written this down anywhere so now I have it for myself.

No comments: