Our weekend with Amanda and Alex was nothing less than great!! We enjoyed our time together as a family. They were here to not only visit us, but to visit with their friends who were getting sealed in the Temple on Saturday. We had time with them Saturday afternoon and all day Sunday.
Our plans changed a bit and instead of us girls going to get pedicure's we all ended up spending some quality time together as a family. When Amanda and Alex got back from the sealing the kids were napping and the four of us had a some time to chat. Ryan and I really wanted to express our love to Alex and let him know that we are sensitive to him and to his feelings. I know it must not have been easy for him to come and stay in our home with our two children and seeing Amanda's past. Our conversation was great! We explained our situation, told him more about us and the challenges we have had in trying to get pregnant. We told him how grateful we are for his beautiful wife and for the decisions she made for Hollie and Ethan. We expressed our love to him and how grateful we are that he loves Amanda for the woman she is. We wanted him to feel comfortable in our home, we wanted him to feel of our love for him, Amanda and our precious children. We didn't want him to feel any pressure in having to have contact with us, we wanted him to know that we respect him and both of them as a married couple and whatever is comfortable to them is comfortable to us. Ofcourse, I had tears in my eyes when I expressed my love and appreciation for Amanda and what she has given me as a mother. (well, I guess you can say I had tears in my eyes the whole time, the kids are my world and I love them and Amanda more than anything).
After nap time we headed out to the pool to cool off and have some fun! Following the pool we went to the Santan Mall and ate at our favorite restaurant, Johnny Rockets. (that was our 4th Saturday in a row eating at that place...shhh don't tell anyone). After dinner and ofcourse, their yummy shakes we enjoyed the rest of our evening walking around, letting the kids play at the park and did a little bit of shopping. Our time together was priceless and we had so much fun!!
Sunday-Father's Day-we spent the day together as a family (including Amanda and Alex). It, once again was nothing but perfect! We were so lucky to have them with us for Father's Day also. They were able to see what a great Father Ryan is and how much we love and appreciate him and ALL he does for our little family. Later on that day we headed to my Aunt and Uncle's for dinner and it was a treat to have Amanda and Alex there too. They were able to meet some of our family and see really how "crazy" we all are. Hey, we may be crazy but we have lots of fun!! Following dinner we headed home and put kids to bed and we played a great game of Ticket To Ride where Amanda beat us all. The weekend couldn't have been more perfect and it was great having Amanda and Alex with us. We love them both so much and just look at them as part of our family too.
I know this is late but I have to wish my wonderful, awesome husband a Happy Father's Day!! We are truly blessed to have the best Father in the world and I am so grateful for him and ALL that he does for our family. He is an amazing man/father and we are so lucky. There is nothing I love more than watching Ryan come through the door at the end of the day and both kids attack him saying "dadda and daddy" and then it's rough house play time. He is a fantastic father and Hollie and Ethan are so lucky to have him as their Dad!
Ethan is not in the pictures' because he was throwing a fit in the high chair...cute kid!







No comments:
Post a Comment