The first week of August was a bit crazy around our house. It was filled with work, doctors appointments, a birthday party, Adoption Conference, Ryan's parents coming to town and two wedding receptions (one of which we did attend). And guess what, I survived!!!
Anyway, I would have not survived if it wasn't for these two adorable, cute twin girls. Now, there is a pretty neat story behind them and I think it is just so cool that I need to share it.
Back in the day, when I was in high school, there was this awesome family in our ward. I loved them from the moment I saw them. They were the perfect family. I looked at them and saw them as people I wanted to one day be like. They were amazing!! Well, soon after meeting them I had become their babysitter and LOVED it! They had adopted a little boy, Dallin and shortly after him they were blessed with twin girls. Well, those twin girls are Kimberly and Kathryn!! I am SO glad that I have stayed in close contact with this family. They have been such an example to me and I am SO grateful for them. Well, what are the odds that I babysat Kimberly and Kathryn when they were 6wks old and now they are babysitting MY KIDS!!! All I can say to that is AWESOME!! And another special bond that they have is that they all are adopted...AWESOME AGAIN! I just love how, in times like this, that we can look back and see why certain people were put in our lives. I couldn't be more grateful for this family and for the example that they have been to me and my family. They have been there for me through ALL my high school boyfriends and after high school boyfriends and the drama that comes with that and now they are here with me through being a parent myself...I find myself to be SO lucky. AND the next AWESOME thing is that their oldest daughter married my brother, and I truly couldn't ask for a better sister-in-law! Now this wonderful family has just become family to me and I love them ALL!!





No comments:
Post a Comment