Saturday Project

Saturday's are always our project days around the house. Ryan is a man who loves projects and loves to make improvements around the house. Ever since we have lived here we have always disliked our front yard. It was never our favorite part of the house and have always talked about re-doing it. Well, when I rolled out of bed around 8:00 (yes, Hollie and I slept in, hurray!!) we went downstairs to find Ryan digging up the front yard, I just had to laugh. He is so random and when he wants to do something he is one to defienetly get it done! I am so glad I have a husband who has so much drive, energy and determination. We had briefly talked about it Friday night, but I was unaware it was going to be Saturday's project. Trust me I was completely okay with it because it was driving me crazy too. There were way to many plants and they were all ugly and we wanted a bigger area for grass. This year is the only year we have never overseaded our front yard and that was because we didn't like how it looked and we wanted to make improvements. So, we said what the heck lets just let it go this year. I promise to all those around us we will have green grass every year from here on out.

Anyway, I thought you would like to see our new beautiful clean cut yard. Okay, so the deal with the dirt is that we are going to extend our grass, but we don't want to put nice green grass there just yet because that would look really funny. So, for now this is how it will look and it will soon all blend together with nice green grass.

The beginning of the project. It was FREEZING outside!!
Like father like daughter
The finished project
Ofcourse our little Hollie had to be daddy's big helper on Saturday and boy was she a helper. She was helping daddy move dirt and was handing him tools when he needed them. They were two cute kids playing in dirt. I loved everybit and got to watch them and take lots of cute pictures. By the end of the day Hollie was covered in dirt from head to toe and had eaten quite a bit of it. She had a blast and enjoyed her time with her dad. Speaking of which I just have to say that she has become a DADDY'S GIRL!! Oh my goodness. When Ryan gets home it's good bye mom hello dad. She wants nothing to do with me and just wants her dad. I have to admit I have been a bit jealous, but I am glad that Ryan is getting his turn. Hollie has been a mommy's girl for quite awhile and I am happy that Ryan can experience the joy of having his daughter want him for everything. It's cute and I like to watch them play and interact. Anyway, here are a couple cute pictures of Hollie throughout the day.
Are we dirty or what!?! But we are still adorable.
This was just a cute picture I had to add. I think she is too cool.

No comments: