Last Wednesday Hollie got her cast off and what an experience that was. We were preparing her for what was to come and explained how the doctor was going to take the cast off. We thought all was well until we walked into the doctors office. We were not there but a couple minutes and the drama started. I brought Ethan with me this time because I figured we would be in and out quickly and we wouldn't have a problem, boy was I wrong. I sat both kids down and went to the front desk to sign in and pay the co-pay. As I was standing there Hollie came up to me and said, "Mommy". I looked at her and she didn't look to good. I asked her what was wrong and she said, "hold you mommy" and as I went to pick her up she started to gag and luckily the trash can was right there and she threw up in the trash can. The lady at the front desk said, "oh no not again" and jumped back, could you believe it? I just about died. Thank goodness for the trash can. After a few minutes I put the trash can aside and went and got a few wipes and guess what, she did it again. This time there was no trash can so it got on her. I didn't think to bring a extra pair of clothes with me this time, why would I? Well, like before we were taken right back. I promise I don't tell Hollie to throw up just so we get back faster, I don't mind waiting, really. Back we went and my poor baby girl was shaking and wouldn't let me put her down, remember I had Ethan too. We got the cast off with no problem except for a lot of pink fiber glass all over us. The doctor wanted to take one more x-ray to check out her elbow and so I left Ethan in our room and one of the ladies watched him for me and all I could hear was him screaming, I have to say I just laughed to myself. We finished with the x-ray and I get back in the room, the doctor looks at Hollie and she breaks down screaming and crying, now I have 2 crying babies- holy cow!! I quickly got Ethan a bottle and he was good for a few minutes and I just held Hollie tight and told her all the doctor is going to do is look at your arm. We eventually got through that and as we were leaving Ethan decides to explode in his pants. I just laughed my two children and their bodily functions. All I know is we have left a lasting impression in that office and we will NEVER be forgotten. We do have a follow-up appointment next week and I guarantee that they will have a "warning" sign by our name. I just may have to bring a big bag with a few extra pairs of clothes, a bucket, towels and lots and lots of wipes. No worries I will be bringing all the ladies in there something to Thank them for ALL they do for us every time we come in.
So our thoughts are this. When Hollie is scared or gets anxiety she throws up. I guess I need to be a better prepared mom with everything I need sitting in the back of my car so, when this happens I am prepared!
The cast is off!!
Posted by Kerri
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
Oh My gosh. I feel for you. I have to laugh when I read your postings, but I feel for you. Glad everyone is ok now. Love you guys. Kim B.
Post a Comment