Wednesday was a GREAT day for our family and especially our little boy! I cannot believe Ethan is now 1. My dad and Janene suprised us Tuesday night and drove in just to be with Ethan on his first birthday. We loved having them here to help us celebrate.
We woke up Wednesday morning and sang, "happy birthday" to Ethan. He enjoyed some waffles and strawberries for breakfast. After breakfast he was good and ready to go play. Both of my kids are so lucky to have such a good papa. He spoils them rotten and LOVES to play with them. They ALL had a blast and Ethan was showing off all of his new stunts and Hollie was doing everything she could to get ALL of Papa's attention. It was a fun morning and then Ethan was off to nap time. He napped pretty well and when he woke up we were headed to daddy's office to go to lunch. We went to our favorite place and that is Barro's Pizza. We know everyone by name and the manager always comes over and says "hi" to us and the kids. We enjoyed eating our pizza and Hollie had 2 pieces!!! Yes, normal size pieces. (Holy cow, that's how many I eat!)
After lunch Ryan had to head back to the office and we headed for Freestone park. Ethan LOVES being outside and since the day was gorgeous we couldn't help but to take advantage. He LOVED the ducks and the big pond! We walked around and then stopped and played at the playground. Ethan is a climber and loved climbing up the playsets and then sliding down the slide. He is such a big boy! I just LOVE this picture of my dad and Ethan...a favorite!
Papa and his grandkids

Momma and her BOY!!!
After the park we were headed home to get ready for our little party. We had some close friends come over for cake and ice cream! It was just perfect and everyone had fun. Ethan enjoyed his cake, unlike his sister Hollie, who at her first birthday screamed and cried and didn't want ANYTHING to do with hers. Allthough, I think he did enjoy playing with the balloons more. Janene took more pictures of him eating the cake, so when I get them from her I will post those also.
Ethan got everything a little one year old boy could want and LOVES all of it. Thank you to those who came, we LOVED having you. It was a GREAT and PERFECT birthday for our Ethan! He enjoyed every bit of it!!

Okay so now for my cake that I am SO proud of. I got this idea off of familyfun.com and LOVED it. It was SO quick, easy and YUMMY!! I made chocolate cake (2 rounds) and cut them up into squares. I layered the back of a dump truck with chocolate cake, chocolate pudding and crushed up Heath bar with gummy worms on the top!!! It was GREAT!! I even layered a bucket too. I also put vanilla ice cream in a bucket and it was all served with shovels. Such a cute idea and I just LOVED it. Now my mind is running crazy with other ideas using this same cake recipe....wahooo! Here are a few pictures.








No comments:
Post a Comment