The greatest gift...

is the gift of love. As my mind has been so occupied with everything going on; surgery, getting the kids weeks organized, family coming out, doctors appointments and just life itself I am SO grateful for who has come to our home this weekend. We knew that they were coming and now I know why they are here. Our beautiful birthmother, Amanda and her husband are here staying with us this weekend until Monday. Atfirst, I thought it was going to make things a little bit more stressful with ALL we have going on, but it has brought a sense of peace. As I sat across the couch looking at her I couldn't help but think of all the "love" that was sitting in that room. Her love for Hollie and Ethan, our love for them, our love for her, her love for us, her love for Alex (her husband) and our love for him too. It was great....beautiful! I am so glad they both are here with our family....they are our family too. With all that I have been going through I couldn't ask for a better person to be here right now than Amanda. She is the woman that made two amazing choices that gave me the title "mother" and how grateful I am for her. Because of her I have two beautiful children and I am SO blessed. It's amazing how life works. I couldn't imagine my children coming any other way and I am SO grateful for the wonderful birthmom they have.....she is amazing!!! I look forward to the fun, relaxing weekend we have ahead of us. I am so glad that Amanda and Alex are here and I am excited to get to know Alex more too. He seems like a great, amazing guy also who loves Amanda more than anything...I like to see that. Well, I will post more later along with pictures. I can't wait for Saturday when us 3 girls (including Hollie) are going to go get pampered...hooray!!!

2 comments:

Kath said...

Well I must say your life is full of things that inspire me! Thanks for always sharing on your blog. You guys have such a healthy and wonderful adoption story!

Much love from North Carolina,
Kathryn

Nichols Family said...

So awesome Kerri. I hope you are feeling a little better from last week's surgery. Hugs.
Jennie