Hollie's First day of Preschool

I cannot believe it, my baby girl is going to school! Today was her first day and she was SO excited! I love watching the excitement come out of her, but in turn I just couldn't believe that time was already here. Hollie woke up happy and excited and couldn't get ready fast enough. For breakfast she wanted Mickey Mouse pancakes...everything had to be Mickey Mouse for breakfast. Following breakfast we were upstairs to get dressed and do hair. Getting dressed can sometimes be a battle in our house and today it was very easy. She had a few new outfits and knew exactly what she wanted. Doing her hair was very easy also because she wanted it done just like Paris (Paris is her cousin and always wants to have her hair done just like her...too cute). So, before we knew it our girl was ready to head out the door, she grabbed her packpack (as she calls it) and was out front ready for pictures. And guess what? My girl even SMILED for her pictures... I was so impressed.

Then we were on our way to Ms. Becky's for our first day of school. Ofcourse, on our way, we had to call papa and tell him that Hollie was on her way to school. Papa was excited to talk to Hollie and it was cute hearing Hollie tell papa how excited she was to go to school. We arrived at Ms. Becky's and Hollie was ready to go, packpack on and all. We walked in and Ms. Becky had little mats on the floor for the kids to sit on while they waited for everyone to get there. Hollie, ofcourse, picked pink...because it matched her shirt and then when she sat down she decided she was going to be shy for a couple minutes. I gave her a kiss, told her I loved her and then had to take her "shy" picture.
I got in the car, no tears, and there was Ethan saying sissy, sissy. Hollie hadn't been gone 5 minutes and Ethan already missed her. I told him she was at school and that we will pick her up soon. As I drove away, I couldn't believe my little girl was at school. This days starts the first day of school for the next 18+ years. She will never have a Tuesday of sleeping in (except for summers and vacations) for the next 18+ years! Wow. Yes, I know, I am weird for thinking that, but it's true.
Anyway, I was very proud of myself, I did not cry. Well, I cried the night before so I must have gotten it all out. If Hollie was having a hard time going and pulling on my leg not wanting me to leave I am sure I would have been crying, but it was a great experience and I am so grateful that she is excited to go to school and learn.
Following school we headed down to Ryan's office to go to our most favorite place in the world for lunch...BARRO'S Pizza!! We enjoyed being together as a family as Ryan and I celebrated our anniversary with 2 beautiful children and Hollie's first day of school. It was a GREAT day!!!
At lunch with Daddy
Ofcourse, I had to add a few of our Mr. Ethan...look at this kid, he is so STINKIN cute!! Everytime I look at him a BIG smile just comes to my face!! I love him so much and he is my VERY BUSY BOY who knows a secret and won't tell me (look at that face isn't that what it looks like)




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so cute!!! good job on not crying!!

Heidi said...

You're right...he is so stinkin' cute!