Our trip to Idaho

On Thursday Amanda, Hollie and I flew back to Idaho. Hollie and I went because Amanda had a ultrasound and doctors appointment and we wanted to be there for them. I just have to say that being able to be a part of this whole pregnancy as much as I can has been an amazing experience. Seeing a baby on ultrasound was one of the most amazing experiences of my life along with hearing his little heartbeat. I tell ya, technology is amazing and I love every bit of it. I could sit here and type for hours about my experience but I will leave that for my journal. I will instead tell you about our trip to Idaho. Yes, it was FREEZING COLD!!! We survived and actually enjoyed seeing and playing in the snow. We got to Idaho Thursday night and ofcourse it was cold and windy. Friday morning we had the ultrasound and our little Ethan is doing fantastic! He currently weighs about 5lbs and is just the cutest baby ever. We got a few 3d pictures which is normally hard to get being that he is due the end of next month. You can see his face so clear and his little fingers. He was already showing his personality because he wasn't cooperating and was being a bit stubborn. He loves his hands over his face and wouldn't move them. We tried everything to get him to move his hands and then next thing we know he had a foot over his face too. We were laughing and it was super cute. We are so excited for his arrival and cannot wait to see him. The ultrasound shows his due date as February 22nd, but the doctor says to keep it the 26th. So I assume he will come sometime between those dates. Here is a picture of our cute, adorable little angel.

On Monday night for family home evening we went sledding. It was freezing cold, 19 degrees and a wind chill. We were bundled up and had a blast. Hollie went down 4 times and loved it! By the end of the 4th time we were freezing and so off to the church we went and got hot chocolate and chocolate chip cookies.

It was a great way to end a fun evening!



Tuesday morning Hollie and I were off and headed back to Salt Lake to fly home. The drive to Salt Lake was a bit interesting and not something I drive in often. It was snowing, the wind was blowing (wind gusts up to 50mph) and it was hard to see the road. We made it safe and my sweet princess slept the whole way which made it easy for me. We are glad to be home and missed the warmer weather. We will be back in Idaho towards the end of February and look forward to the new and fun adventures that will arrive then.

2 comments:

Shanen said...

What a fun trip. I can't imaging sledding, I would have froze my tushie off.

shannon said...

Oh, we are so excited for you guys! The nursery looks great and I loved seeing those 3D ultrasounds pics. We got those done with McKenzie and loved it.