Where do I begin...? This last week and a half has been awesome! We had Amanda come into town to visit on the 4th of January and boy did we have a great time. There was lots of relaxing, shopping, talking, more shopping, decorating and sudoku (I finally learned how to do it and I love it. Amanda says I am now a nerd like her, haha). The week was lots of fun and we all enjoyed spending time together. Some of our highlights were that we painted and put a nursery together for our little angel who is on his way. I just don't know how to explain how cool it was for the 3 of us (Amanda, Ryan and me) to paint, decorate and pick out bedding. By the end of Saturday night the room was painted blue and brown and chair-rail was up around the room, yes we worked fast. We had a blast and our end result is adorable. We still have to get a dresser, blinds and curtains but other than that it's all ready and very boy. Amanda, Hollie and I did some fun "boy" shopping at Babies R Us and got a few of the necessities that we will be needing. He's not even here and will be the best dressed boy, just like his sister was the best dressed girl. Oh, I cannot believe our little princess will soon have a brother, I am sooo excited. Here are a few
pictures of his room.

Okay, back to our week. Amanda really enjoyed the weather here and even got to wear some capris and short sleeve shirts. I guess 60 degree weather is nice and warm for those who are from Idaho where it's ice cold. Ofcourse, I was in pants and a long sleeve shirt because it was cold for me. One day we went up to Scottsdale and walked around the mall there and that was fun. Just observing people was enough entertainment for us. Other than that we hung out here, went to the park and had a day where we pampered our feet and got our pedicures, it was great!!
Having Amanda here was the coolest experience and I am so glad that we have the relationship with her that we do. She is amazing to me and I truly feel like she is my sister. We actually had quite a few people ask if we were sisters and we said no, but kinda. It was lots of fun and we love her so much and are so grateful she is a part of our life. Oh, I forgot to tell you that we finally figured out a name for our little angel. His name is going to be Ethan. We don't have a middle name yet but we do have a few ideas. Amanda and I sat on babynames.com forever looking for a middle name and let me just tell you there were some hillarious names on the list. Here are a few for you, frick, innis, McLovin, Dong and Nimrod. So, if you know my husband you know we had lots of fun with these names and there was LOTS of laughing. Mind you these were only a few.
Anyway, our time with Amanda was amazing and as you can see we had lots of fun. We love her so much and are grateful that she is a part of our life.
Posted by Kerri
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
That little guy will just love his room. I am still so jealous you got it all done that fast.
I love the room! His name is so cute. (on the wall, too)
Post a Comment