Ethan Cade Larson has finally made his GRAND arrival into this beautiful world! He arrived on Tuesday March 4, 2008 at 3:53am. He weighed 7 lbs 15oz and is 21 inches long. We are overjoyed with his arrival and he IS the cutest little boy we have ever seen.
As the the last post stated we went in on Monday night to get induced. Those that were there were, me, Ryan, Amanda's roommate Cassidy and ofcourse Amanda. We knew we were in for a long night and we were all prepared. We got there around 6pm and the doctors gave Amanda a medication called cytotec, to help soften the cervix at 8pm. We were told it would take about 4 hours and then they would check her and decide on weither she needed another one or if it was time for pitosin. So we all sat in this BIG delivery room wondering what we were going to do for that amount of time. Well, as many of you know Ryan he doesn't like to sit around. So, he decided we were going to have a little party and he was going to go out and get all the stuff we wanted. His first trip was to the apartment to get Cassidy's pillow, sudoku books and the game phase ten. Then he was off to the grocery store to pick up some propel, candy and whatever else he found. Then his next trip was to Dairy Queen to fulfill all of our Ice Cream cravings and while he was there we decided we wanted pizza too so we called him and off he was to Pier 49 to pick us up some yummy peperoni pizza. I just have to tell you we all about died when he walked through the delivery door with ALL this in his hands, it was quite the picture moment.
Then we gathered around Amanda and played a whole game of phase 10. Ryan wasn't doing the best in the beginning but pulled off the win and made sure he rubbed it in because he was the only boy. During the game we could see Amanda's contractions where becoming a bit more frequent but just not enough. 12:15am came and she was checked again and the doctor said not yet, lets give you another cytotec and we'll be back in another 4 hours to check you. We looked at eachother and thought maybe we should clean up and try to get some sleep. We were the only one's on the labor and delivery floor that night so we pulled 3 of those chairs that turn into beds into the room and had a slumber party for about 2 hours. Amanda was given ambien to help her get some rest and when 2:30 came around her contractions where getting pretty hard and it was time for the good ole epideral. Poor Amanda doesn't remember much because the ambien totally knocked her out, I guess that's a good thing. At 3:30 the doctor (resident) broke her water and at 3:53 our little Ethan entered into the world. Amanda's doctor just barely made it in time. Towards the end the doctor and nurse began to worry because Ethan's heartrate was dropping pretty low and it was time he came out. When he came out he was quite the blue baby, but that didn't last very long. It was because of the ambien they gave Amanda really relaxed him too, but he was good to go after a few minutes. Ryan got the privledge of cutting the cord and loved that. Let me just tell you, that was the most amazing experience ever! It truly is a miracle and amazing how these sweet spirits get here. I was just in awe the rest of the night, it simply amazed me. Ryan, Amanda and I all stayed in the hospital and that was a lot of fun. Everyone was so kind to us and understanding of our situation. They even put a extra room aside so Ryan could sleep on a bed and I could stay in the room with Amanda. The whole process was perfect and I wouldn't have changed a thing.
One of the neatest parts of the whole thing was telling people our story because so many people where asking because it is an unusual relationship we have with Amanda. Ryan and I wouldn't change it for the world. We love her so much and are so appreciative of her and for what she has done and given these two precious little angels. I truly feel that these children where to be ours no matter what and just had to come through a different avenue and I couldn't be more grateful that that avenue is Amanda. We love you Amanda so much and are so grateful that you are a part of our family and always will be, thank you.





7 comments:
What a great experience, we are so happy for your family.
I love it, I can't wait to see you guys. Enjoy the rest of your time there.
I don't even know how to express my excitement for you guys in words! I can't wait until you get home!
Congrats you guys! He is such a beautiful little baby! Can't wait to meet the little guy!
I am so touched by what you said. You have had such an amazing experience and my life has been touched becuase of it. I am so excited for you guys and your new little addition. Congrats!
I have trully been touched by your experience and by the hope, faith and courage that has been expressed by Ryan, Kerri and Amanda. I congratulate you all on the safe arrival of Ethan and the addition to your beautiful family.
PWP.
Congratuations! That is so awesome. I had heard from others that a new baby was coming, but I didn't know for sure! I'm so happy for your family!
Post a Comment