Baking


Today, Hollie and I had a mother-daughter day and decided to do some baking. I have been wanting some homemade strawberry jam lately and decided that we should make some, so we did. And along with that we made homemade cinnamon rolls, and 2 loafs of bread. The jam and the bread turned out fantastic. The cinnamon rolls weren't the best and I don't know what happened. I used a different bread recipe this time and I should have stuck with the original one. They must have not been that bad because Ryan ate 5 of them! And ofcourse, the kid won't gain an ounce! They are his favorite and hopefully next time they will be more doughy and he will like them better.

Hollie was so cute today. We pulled out our aprons and Hollie had her little cooking pans and it was just perfect. She was a great helper and did a fantastic job. It was so much fun. Her and I haven't had one on one time in awhile and that was much needed and I enjoyed every bit of it. She is turning into a big girl and I am so excited that we are going to be best friends. I did have to share her with dad today. Ryan was outside in the front yard preparing to put grass on the left side of our driveway, just because he thinks it needs it, and Hollie went from playing in the dirt, to being my cute Hollie in the kitchen. It was fun and I love my two precious children. Ethan was a champ today and slept most of the day. I think he was really tired and needed some extra rest. Thanks Ethan, I love you lots.

Oh, when Hollie and I went out to the grocery store to get a few of our missing ingredients Ryan and Ethan took the infamous trip to Home Depot. I wish I was there to take a picture, but I know this will not be the last father-son trip to Home Depot. Ethan will know that store like he knows all of his owies by the time he is 2. Ryan loved it and can't wait for more father-son trips to Home Depot. (I just had to add that)

4 comments:

The Kubelka's said...

Reading your blog made me think of how I need more one on one with Deren. I get so tied up with Kylen and what he needs that sometimes I forget my little Deren needs me too. You are such a good mom!

Shanen said...

I love these pictures and I am glad you had a good day.

Rebekah said...

Your children are so cute! I cant wait for the day I can cook with Samuel without him throwing things (like the eggs) on the floor!

Ian and Kristen said...

So much fun! I can't wait til Madelyn's old enough to do that kind of stuff with me!