Binki Bye Bye

Oh, I have been so excited to post this great news. As some of you know our big girl has been attached to her binki, aka pacifier. We have tried so many times to get rid of it and it just wasn't working. Well, the good news came to pass on Sunday.
We usually try not to bring it to church but we find that if we don't she will throw a fit during sacrament meeting and that's just not good. So we give in and bring it along with her blanket. She is just like Linus from Charlie Brown. Anyway, Ryan took her to nursery, and she never goes with her binki, but this time, some how, she got away with it and took it with her. Daddy must have given in but it paid off. I went and picked her up from nursery and like usual, the teacher handed me her shoes and hair bows, I tell ya this girl doesn't keep anything on, and off we went. I was unaware that she went to nursery with her binki so, I wasn't looking for it as I was shoes and everything else. We got in the car and the question arose from the back seat, "binki mommy?" I told her I didn't know where it was and then daddy spoke up and said, "Hollie, don't you remember you took it with you to nursery?" "No dadda, binki" says Hollie. This went on for a few minutes and then we hear Hollie in the backseat say, "binki bye bye, church, all gone." We said, "that's right binki bye bye at the church and it's all gone." We have now gone 4 days with NO BINKI and we are SOOO PROUD of our Big Girl. Sometimes she will ask for it and all we have to do is remind her that it is lost and then she remembers and thinks nothing of it. HURRAY FOR HOLLIE!! We thought this day would never come and I am so proud of her. We still have the blanket and that's just fine. I can deal with a blanket better than a binki in her mouth. Man, I just didn't like that thing and now we don't have to worry about it any more!

6 comments:

ellsworth family said...

How exciting! I remember when we got Eddie off of his. I had to cut the tip of it off so he couldn't get that suction. Than he said "broken" and went and threw it in the trash. We had like four of them because we kept losing them, getting new ones, and than finding the old ones, so I cut all four one night and he threw each of them away and than was the end of it.
Now I just need to get Nathan off his.

Rebekah said...

Hooray! Good work, all of you! I cant wait til Samuel gives up his large, black, Nightmare Before Christmas blanket. Its embarrassing to bring a blanket to church when it has skulls on it....

Ian and Kristen said...

Congrats! I am so happy cause Madelyn won't even take a binki. She can't seem to keep them in her mouth at all and that's fine with me! She'll never know the difference, right?

Kristin said...

Yeah that is exciting! I was so behind in looking at blogs. I am glad you guys have been having so much fun! I can't believe how big Ethan is getting! The kids are so cute!

Heidi said...

Oh man Kerri, you know I am totally jealous of you! We need to accidentally lose Lijah's too.

Anonymous said...

Ok,hi there, this is Melanie, I guess we will not take the binkie to church tomorrow, because the famous binkie is here in the nursery basket at our house. Do you want it back or do we toss it?