Potty Trained

HOORAY FOR HOLLIE!!! She is potty trained and has been doing a FANTASTIC job! We are so proud of her. I have to say she really wasn't all that difficult to potty train. Ofcourse, we had a few moments of frustration, but other than that the girl has got it down. Believe it or not the easiest part was going number 2 (you know what that is) on the toilet. After going potty on the toilet for a couple days she quickly and quietly accomplished the going number 2 on the toilet. I will explain. One afternoon I was making dinner and she said, "mommy potty toilet, by myself." I said okay, let me know if you need help. Next thing I know she comes out of the bathroom all excited saying, "mommy poopoo's toilet" I about died. I went and checked and sure enough, I was so proud of her . I pulled out the M&M's (yes those are her treats for going poopoo on the toilet-Ryan really liked how I chose chocolate, but hey chocolate is her favorite) and I gave her about 10. Since then it's been poopoo on the toilet. So easy and so great!
A few things I have learned about potty training are;
1. When you are out in public she HAS to go about every 5 minutes and guess what, she really does go-unbelievable!
2. When she tells you she has to go it means she HAS to go.
3. Make sure you don't go anywhere where there is NOT a potty-that's TROUBLE
4. Princess panties are it.
5. Doing a potty chart and having her put stickers up when she goes potty and having a prize after she goes so many times on the toilet-works great!
6.Patience, Patience, Patience.
7. Make sure you bring treats with you WHEREVER you go. Pez candies work great around here. She get's "only one" every time she goes potty on the toilet.
8.Don't make a big deal about the times she does go potty in her panties-it happens.
9. ALWAYS keep an extra pair of panties and shorts on hand. You never know when you may need them.
10. Give LOTS and LOTS of praise. She loves it and I always make a big deal about her going on the potty.
I have to say, potty training Hollie has been fun, adventurous and a great success. My little girl is growing up right in front of me and it's happening way to fast. I look at her every day and say to myself I remeber when she was just a baby and I was holding her in my arms and she was so dependent on me. Now she is a growing girl who is going potty all by herself and who is becoming Miss Independent (I don't know who she is learning that from, but I am sure if you ask my dad he can tell ya.) I love her so much and I LOVE watching her grow and learn.
Good Job Hollie I am SOOOO proud of you!

No comments: