November 18, 2006 Hollie's adoption was finalized and we became an eternal family, it was one of the best days of my life. After going through all that we have been through with infertility and trying to adopt, having our first child's adoption finalized and having her sealed to us was such a blessing. We were fortunate enough to have her adoption finalized on "Adoption Day". It was on a Saturday down at the Juvenile court in Phoenix. It was a big celebration and there were numerous adoptions finalized that day. It was great to be able to see how adoption has touched the lives of so many others just in our state of Arizona. Adoption is a blessing to so many and I am grateful that I was able to experience and have it be a part of my life.This day will always hold a special place in my heart because it's the day that Hollie was officially, legally ours.


I cannot believe that was 2 years ago, it feels like it was just yesterday. To celebrate we went to the mall and did a little bit of shopping. It was fun watching Hollie pick out a couple shirts all by herself, then later that evening we went out and got some ice cream. It was a great day and we told Hollie many times that today was her "special day" and how grateful we are that she came to our family.I couldn't help but take a few pictures of our beautiful princess on her special day.








2 comments:
She looks so grown up. I love it. What a great day. I forgot to tell you how cute she looked that day at church. I was gonna ask you were you got it. I should have known. Too cute.
Beautiful! My daughter Lacy and her husband Mike are trying to adopt. How did you do it?
Twila Hall
showlowhall@frontiernet.net
Post a Comment