Halloween

Yes, this is very late, I know. Hey, better late than never, right? Halloween was great! The best part about it was that my dad and Janene SUPRISED me and the kids (yes, ryan knew all about it and didn't say a word) and came for Halloween. They both have VERY busy schedules right now and they came out for a quick 24 hour trip to be with me and the kids! It was GREAT and SO much fun to have them here with us. The kids LOVED being with Papa and Janene and I know they both enjoyed the grandkids.

Thank goodness for Papa because we may not have ever carved our pumpkin. We had it planned to do it Thursday but the day just got away from us. Ryan and I could have carved it by ourselves, but what fun is that when you have little kids. So, papa took the place of dadda and carved the pumkin and he did a great job. Hollie didn't want much to do with it, but Ethan sat and watched papa the whole time. After papa was finished Hollie wanted to name it and our pumpkin received the name of Jack. Sorry, I just realized I don't have any pictures of finished Jack.
Halloween night was fun, but I sure did miss my husband. Ryan was at a high school football game that night.
We went over to the Skousen's for trick or treating because KC and Brookie were in town for a funeral(my brother and sister-in-law). It was fun being together with family and visiting.
Trick or treating was interesting. Our sweet little Snow White just didn't want much to do with it. We went to about 5 houses and called it quits. She didn't want her costume on, didn't want to wear the shoes or the adorable headband, but she was still cute. We atleast got the costume on and were grateful for that. I just love this picture of papa consoling his girl
Once we got back to the house she took off running and wouldn't stop. I followed behind and was just laughing, this girl is simply hilarious!! She ran for about 3 minutes turned around and that was it. Then she sat in the chair with uncle KC and enjoyed watching the trick or treaters. Ethan was great and just loved watching all the action going on. He is so busy and watching LOTS of kids was very entertaining for him. Overall, it was a great night and I continued to tell myself, there is always next year and the year after that and the year after that.........
And She's off!!





No comments: