What a great surprise we received on Thursday afternoon. We were doing our normal afternoon routine of playing in the backyard when I received a phone call from Amanda (our birthmom). She said,"guess what?" Ofcourse I replied and said, "what". "I am in Flagstaff at a track conference for the weekend", she said. I was so excited. She asked us to come up and visit if we could and ofcourse we made time and went up to see her. It was GREAT!! We left Friday afternoon and came back Saturday evening. Yes, it was quick, but SO worth it. We had a wonderful time and she looked fantastic. She got married back in December and seems to be very happy. We couldn't be happier for her.
We are so grateful that she called us and that we were able to see her. I LOVE seeing her and being with her. She is amazing to me and my 2 children are so lucky to have such a awesome birthmother. Yes, this may sound weird to some, but to me I couldn't imagine our adoptions any other way. Seeing the connection between Hollie and Amanda was so amazing. So amazing that there are not words to describe it. Amanda loved playing with Hollie and it was cute listening to Hollie ask where Amanda was. I couldn't believe how much a 2 year old can understand. Out of the blue, Friday night, Hollie told Amanda, "I came from your tummy, my mommy's tummy broken". I have to say, tears came to my eyes and Amanda couldn't believe it. Amanda just smiled and said, that's right Hollie. It was adorable and a moment I will never forget. I am so grateful for Amanda and the woman that she is; she is simply AMAZING and I love her SO much. I love the connection that Amanda and I have; it is also something that I will never be able to describe in words. I will always be eternally grateful for her and the decision she made for her sweet angels. I know with every bone in my body that Hollie and Ethan were meant to come to our family, but just through another avenue. I know that Amanda was placed in our lives for many reasons and that we were placed in hers for many reasons also. I LOVE adoption and what it has brought me and my family.

Me, Amanda, and Hollie

Amanda and Hollie

Amanda and Ethan

Our little Princess
Daddy and his girlSpeaking of an amazing birthmother she is also an amazing track athlete. She runs the Heptathalon (7 events) and also competes in the high jump. Friday she did the heptathalon and got a PR (personal record) for the high jump; 5ft. 8 inches. Yes, she can pretty much high jump over me....WOW! Saturday she just competed in the high jump and went for 5ft. 10 inches and just barely missed. She received the silver medal and was super excited about that. There were quite a few schools there and for her to medal was a big deal. We were so glad that we were there to see her and support her, it was GREAT!! We now know where Hollie gets her jumping skills from. 

Amanda jumping 5'8"

Amanda getting her reward on the left
It was a fabulous weekend! And I will say it 10 times over, I am so glad we got to go and see her and be with her, even for a short period of time. Here are a few pictures of us.





4 comments:
What an amazing time for you? It is just a great feeling what our birthmoms did for us. She is a brave and wonderful woman. We love birthmoms.
How nice for you! I am glad you all got to spend time together.
While I can not even fathom this kind of relationship, I find it simply amazing and courageous that you have remained friends and well, actually really you guys are family.
What an inspiring story for other birthmoms and adoptive parents to read and see how things can be!
Good foy you guys!!!
I do have to tell you... I read one of your other posts about someone commenting how Hollie looks like you.... The picture of the three of you... Hollie looks like you. Totally like you!!!!
Wow! I think it is so fabulous, the relationship you have with Amanda! Birthmoms are really amazing, aren't they?!
Post a Comment