Home Remedies?????

Well, as I said I would update you all on today's doctors appt. I am sorry you all are having to read my daily updates, but right now this is like my journal. Anyway, the doctors went well. She has dilated to a two and we are slowly but surely on our way. If she doesn't have the baby by next Tuesday the doctor is going to induce labor, lets hope he's here by then. With that much said we were off to do lots of walking. We walked the small, yes small, Pocatello mall for 3 1/2 hours. Not much progress just the same...continual contractions but just not painful. Once we got home we decided we should look up on the computer home remedies to induce labor. Oh, my goodness the suggestions they give, crazy!!! We picked a few and started to try them. We decided on having castro oil be our last resort if the others didn't work. So, we started with the pressure points. There is one on the inside of your leg just above the ankle bone and the other is between your thumb and your index finger. We did those for a bit and decided to make a run to the store to get the tea and castro oil. We read and heard that Raspberry tea helps so we got some of that and we were looking for some kind of sage but we couldn't find it so we decided against that one. When we got home we made a nice big glass of Hot Raspberry tea and started a hot bath. Ryan told us to put some of the tea bags in the bath tub so she did that too. After the bath and tea she wasn't feeling much change so she decided,what the heck I might as well try the castro oil. I couldn't believe it, I have heard that stuff is just nasty!!!!!!!!!! All of her roommates and I thought it would be good to pull out the video camera for this one so we did. We got the whole process on video and she did a fantastic job. She had lots of support and her roommates were all cheering her on throughout the process, chug it, chug it. It was discusting, but thank goodness for the chocolate milk and sherbet ice cream we had sitting close by. After that we all sat around and laughed and watched the video. I tell ya my stomach hasn't hurt that bad from laughing in a really long time. Then we talked to Ryan and updated him and he said she wasn't suppose to drink it she was suppose to put it on a cloth and put it on her stomach with a hot pack. Oh as you all can imagine we started laughing so hard. (We had heard from a few friends that castro oil works if you drink it too.) So, our next remedy was just that. We pulled out a cloth and hot pack and she is currently laying on the couch. Oh, my poor girl. I feel so bad for her. She is one awesome girl and we all love her to death. As you can tell, with having contractions for the last two days she is ready for this baby to come out!! I will keep you posted on our home remedies and how they all work. Thanks for listening and I hope you all got a great laugh because we all did here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you are having a great time! I am glad you get to experience all of this with Amanda...what great memories you are going to have to share with your beautiful children! Hang in there!

Kristin said...

I was laughing reading this! I was imagining myself there with you laughing my guts out. I agree, what memories... I love hearing your updates. I'm curious if the Castro Oil worked today...I can't wait for you to see this little man of yours. Good Luck!!!

Crystal said...

That is so funny! I think I'm getting sick just thinking about taking that stuff!!!! Hopefully, we'll see some effect of all those efforts soon!