A Fun Filled Weekend

This weekend was absolutely fabulous! I don't even know where to begin. Well, I will start from the beginning. My dad and Janene came out this weekend and they arrived on Friday evening. Hollie was so excited to see her Papa she wouldn't let him out of her site. She followed him all over the house and would yell, "Papa" if he wasn't giving her his full attention. It was really funny and we all got a kick out of it. Well, Friday night was a late night because there was a big suprise coming to our house and that was KC and Brookie. My dad was turing the BIG 55 on Sunday and we wanted to suprise him so we flew KC and Brookie down and boy was he suprised!! It was really funny, but that totally made his weekend, he got to have his kids with him all weekend and that was awesome! Saturday was a busy day. We had our family portraits done and then had a combined birthday party for my dad and Hollie. Hollie's isn't unil the 30th but we thought we should celebrate while family was here. We didn't tell my dad it was for him till some family arrived because he didn't want anything. Isn't that a typical man. It was fun and he loved sharing his birthday with his sweet grandaughter. We bought my dad a cake and made Hollie little cupcakes, we figured that would be all she wanted anyway. And to our suprise Hollie loved her cupcake this year. Last year she didn't want anything to do with it and didn't like it one bit. I think she has grown to love sugar. I wonder who taught her that one? I think I may have to take the blame on that, oh well, every girl needs a little sugar and chocolate!

Last year

This Year
Hollie was one lucky girl on Sunday because the cute little Easter bunny came to visit and left a few fun things behind for her. We then went to church came home, hung out as a family, then girls took naps while the boys watched basketball, it was great!! Later on that day we all loaded up and headed over to my Aunt Kathy and Uncle John's for dinner a Easter Egg hunt and a treasure hunt. It was so much fun and Hollie loved finding her eggs. All she wanted to do was open them and eat what was inside. In our beautiful Arizona weather the chocolate in the eggs was quickly melting so it was a quick and fun Easter egg hunt. The treasure hunt was fun too. At the end of the treasure hunt each kid got a big egg and inside the egg was a swimming suite. Oh, the kids couldn't wait to get in the pool. They wanted to swim, but we don't swim on Sunday's so they all had to wait and were very good about it. We tried getting pictures of Ethan and Hollie, but neither one of them really wanted to cooperate. I do have their portraits back and I will post those soon

Hollie in her pretty Easter Dress, oh such a girl!
The Easter Egg hunt
That evening KC and Brookie had to head home to Utah and get back to school and work. We were sad to see them go but were glad that they got to spend the weekend with us. I love you guys lots and miss ya TONS!!!


Sunday night came and Ryan and I were exhausted!! My dad and Janene were so awesome because they took Ethan for the night and let Ryan and I get a good nights rest. It was just what we needed. Ethan has been a bit fussy at nights and it's been a little bit rough. I will explain later.
So, a little suprise came my way on Monday morning when I woke up and that was a morning at the Spa!! Yup, you read that right my dad and Janene took the kids and sent me to the spa for 3 1/2 hours!! It was absolutely fabulous and sooo relaxing it was just what I needed. I got a 1 1/2 hour massage, a facial, manicure and pedicure. Let me just say that I left there feeling like a whole new woman. On my way home I turned the radio on loud and sang "A New Day" from Celine Dion. It was great!! I was sad to see my dad and Janene go, but I knew they had to get back to life and work. I was so glad that they got to come out and hang out for the weekend. They were a great help and thanks again guys for the morning at the spa, I love ya!


4 comments:

Ian and Kristen said...

Kerri I'm really jealous that you got to go spend so much time at the spa... that sounds like heaven :)

Ian and Kristen said...

oh and p.s. we're setting our blog to private so send me your email and i'll send you an invite!
kris10peterson@gmail.com

The Kubelka's said...

Your family is so cute. I wish I could go see you. My little Kylen hates the car and doesn't even let us make around town trips. Did you get Rebekahs message? She put you on her blog. She's private.

The Kubelka's said...

I would love to beable to see you when your here. I want to meet Ethan!