
What a handsome man.
Our little Ethan is turning into such a little man. He is so cute and we love having a little boy around the house. I have to admit it's a bit different than a girl, but I love every bit of it. I also have to admit that changing diapers is a bit more difficult than changing a girls. I seem to be the only one that thinks that but there is just to much to worry about. Yes, I have been peed on a few times and every time I just have to laugh, because when it happens I just freeze I don't know what to do. By the time I find something to cover it he's done and we are both wet. It's pretty funny and very different from a girl. If I can remember correctly I don't think Hollie ever peed when I was changing her diaper, I guess I was lucky.
As I said in a couple posts back I would tell you about what we have been going through with Ethan. He has been a pretty fussy baby and while my family was here a few weekends back we all decided that we needed to take him into the doctors because there is something wrong. So, on Monday March 24th I took him in and we were able to see the doctor. We went over his signs and symptoms, which are, contiual crying (screaming) when he eats and after he eats. His body stiffins when eating and he turns red. He was very gassy and his poop wasn't the normal color, yellow. His was dark green and we knew that wasn't to good either. He wasn't sleeping at night and would just cry, nothing would sooth him. It was breaking our hearts and we new something wasn't right. We switched his formula from Enfamil to Good Start because we were told that was really easy on the stomach. Well, it didn't help him and we were kinda lost at what to do next. So thankfully this doctor was able to help us and wanted to run some tests. He feared that Ethan had blood in his stools so he tested that and thankfully it came back negative. He also wanted us to get an x-ray of Ethan to see what his bowels looked like and if they were positioned the way they were suppose to. Oh my heavens, our little guy was only 3 weeks old and he had to get all this stuff done, it just broke our hearts. Without the x-ray done yet, the doctor came to the conclusion that Ethan has a protein allergy to the protein in milk and that is what's making his stomach upset. So away he sent us with this wonderful formula called Neutramigen and it's $27 for a small 16oz can!! Ryan and I said, if it works and helps him it's TOTALLY worth every penny. I just can't believe that they can charge that much for such a small can. So far he has done great! He is sleeping better at night, not so fussy during the day and he is definetly not as gassy and his poop has turned the right color. I know you all wanted to know that, haha. Anyway, he is doing great and will sit in the swing and not cry. Oh, I also took some advice from friends and put him in the swing at night and boy does he love that. He doesn't like his bassinet, so the swing and bouncy chair are heaven sent.
Ethan is also quite the eater! This kid started eating about 2 ounces when he was born. We are now at 4 ounces every 3 hours. It takes all we can to push him to 3 hours, it sometimes falls at 2 1/2. He is getting so chubby, especially his cheeks, and he is just so cute. I love chubby kids. My brother and I were both chubby kids, so we love it. His thighs are getting little rolls and so are his arms. We love his cute little double chin too. Anyway, here are a few pictures. Enjoy
I caught him giving a smile. It was so cute and perfect!!!
Oh, how sweet. I just love it.
Our little Man
Posted by Kerri
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
Target has the Nutramegen stuff for $25 a can right now plus for every 2 cans you buy, you get a $5 Target gift card. I'm not sure how long the sale is....
Post a Comment