Last week we took a little vacation to California. Our trip started in Whittier where we spent a few days with our good friends Doni and Renee. We always have a wonderful time with them and this time we got to be there and watch their oldest son get married. I love attending weddings in the Temple because I love to hear the words of the sealer and reflect back on the most wonderful day in the world when Ryan and I were married. I wish I could do it all over again because it was so much fun and I loved every bit of it. Our wedding day was just perfect and I couldn't have asked for anything more. Back to our trip. Once we left Whittier we headed South to Temecula where both of our families are. Ryan and I were smart this vacation and sent out an itinerary of where we were going and what we were going to do. That's just what you have to do when you have so much family around and you want to have fun and a vacation at the same time. It worked out perfect and everything was great and it all went as planned. We spent some time with my dad and Janene and that was great! Hollie loved hanging out with her papa and janenenene (that's what she calls her) had lots of fun TRYING to swim in the pool with a cast on and drawing pictures on the cement with chalk. Getting her ready to swim and wrapping up the arm was eventful and a big experiment. We had Ryan's dad, stepmom and sister over and it was fun seeing them too. It works out great for us because my dad and his dad are good friends and so we can have them all over together and it's one big party. 



Monday we went to the San Diego Wild animal park with my dad, Janene and Austin (Ryan's brother) and had a great time also. Hollie loved all the animals but I think our favorite part was the water feature they had. We all got wet and it cooled us off. Let me say it was sooo humid and hot there. Yes, I know it's hot here, but not as humid as it was there. Anyway, the water feature was fun and we loved getting wet. One of the animals that we got to see was a lion upclose. It was amazing! Hollie loved it. The Lion came close up to the glass and all the kids where going crazy. Hollie just stood there and pointed and said, Lion. It was so cute and very cool. We have never seen one up that close. 




Monday evening Ryan and I got to get away for a date night. It was great! We went and looked at cars, yes we were looking for a new car, then we went to dinner and went and walked the mall because we obviously didn't do enough walking at the wild animal park, haha. It was fun and I loved being with just my husband and no kids. It was quite, we got to talk without any interuptions we just enjoyed our time together. Thanks dad and Janene for taking the kids. From what I heard papa and Janene had a blast with the kids.
Tuesday morning we headed off to the beach with Ryan's mom, brother, 2 sisters and his sisters two girls. We had a great time and the kids thoroughly enjoyed themselves. Your probably asking yourself, why did we take a girl with a cast to the beach? Well, because we wanted to go we LOVE the beach and were super careful with her arm. Her arm was all wrapped up and you couldn't even tell what it was. We had put a sock over her arm, wrapped it with some medical tape that was waterproof and then put it in the sling, it worked perfect! We were only there for a few hours and then we headed home. Hollie loved it and enjoyed playing in the sand and standing in the waves. No worries, her cast didn't get wet and there was NO sand in it either. Ryan did a great job at wrapping it up, thanks hun. That afternoon I got to get pampered a bit and went and had my hair done by a girlfriend of mine from High School. Everytime I go to California I get to get my hair done by her and it's great catching up and chatting about our kids. Thanks Katie. That evening we spent the night with Ryan's mom and loved hanging out with them and his sister and her 2 girls, Mckenna and Whitney. Hollie loved playing with her cousins and we just wish we lived closer so they could play more often. Thanks for the fun evening guys. 
Ryan's siblings


Well, Wednesday we were on our way home, but before we got home we had to stop and get a car. Yes, that may sound crazy, but our friends from Whittier have a car dealership and we wanted to trade out our Jeep. Well, by 5pm that night we were on the road in a new car and we both were so excited. Thank you guys for all your help we love our new car!
That concludes our trip to California. It was great and both kids where fantastic. Ethan did really good and we were so relieved and happy.
Our Trip to California
Posted by Kerri
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
Sounds like a fun trip. Busy busy! That's what summers are all about. What kind of car did you guys get? Post some pictures! Please tell me you came to the darkside and bought a minivan!
Post a Comment