On Labor Day we decided to take the kids to the Children's Museum in Phoenix. We have heard a lot about it and thought it would make for a fun day and boy did it. We had a blast!! It is definetly a place for young kids even kids Ethan's age. Here are a few of our highlights.
On Our Way. She may not look excited, but she is. She just doesn't smile for the camera.
We started out by going to the art room. There was painting, playdough, and crafts. We did them all and Hollie LOVED it.

Then we were onto the room for 3 years old and younger. This was perfect for our kids. Hollie was climbing on everything, playing house, reading books and just having fun. You would be amazed at the creativity that went into this place, it's amazing! This room even had stuff for Ethan, it was great and he enjoyed himself too.


Then we were headed to this big open area where they had big beanbags, and tubes to climb through-this was Hollie's favorite place. It seemed to be a popular place amongst all the kids and parents too.
Okay, I have to add a funny story in because I about died. I was sitting in the reading area where it was semi (keyword) quiet trying to feed Ethan and all of a sudden I see Hollie come running towards me. She was playing in the tubes and Ryan was waiting for her at one end and she came out the other and I could see Ryan in a distance with a frantic look on his face-he couldn't see me. So I go to pull my phone out of my pocket and Hollie says, "mommy potty" I said okay just one second. I called Ryan and in that second Hollie was off and running (laughing like it was funny) with her pants at her ankles!! You should have seen the look on some of the parents faces. I quickly shut my phone, didn't talk to Ryan, and carried Ethan, who was half asleep and chased after Hollie. I swear I think parents were staring at me and laughing, it was a funny sight. Finally a mom stopped Hollie, pulled up her pants and I quickly grabbed her hand and we were headed straight to the bathroom. In the meantime Ryan was still frantically looking for Hollie and so once I got Hollie on the toilet and yes we made it in time, I called Ryan and said, I got her and boy to I have a funny story for you. We both ended up laughing and we still had lots of fun. I tell ya, it's always an adventure and I absolutely LOVE it. When we came out of the bathroom parents where just looking at me with a BIG smile on my face and the only thing I could say was, we made it!!
After this we headed to one of the rooms that was made into a restaurant- a pizza shop. Hollie mad us pizza and even got to put it in the brick oven and cook it for us and it was yummy (pretend).

After eating LOTS of pizza we headed to the grocery store where the kids shopped with shopping carts, and were able to check themselves out. I tell ya, if I was a little kid I would have had a BLAST here. I did anyway, and I am an adult. Hollie did lots of shopping and even got the opportunity to weigh some beans. 
As you can see we had a wonderful time! The kids were both worn out and we were not in the car more than 5 minutes and I turned to look back and I saw this beautiful face. She is just gorgeous!!!
Children's Museum
Posted by Kerri
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





5 comments:
Where is the place? My kids would LOVE it!
HOW FUN! I seriously need to go to this place.
Hey you- So I see that Sat. is on its way and I want to talk to you about pictures. I cant seem to find your number so can you give me a call so I can get a better plan on everything. Thanks! Sara
480-296-8313
Congratulations of your little man who is for sure yours! I was so happy for you and your little family today in church. Ethan is so handsome and his cheeks are the best!
Those pics are so adorable. We saw your sealing announcement. I am so happy for your family. We miss you too! Brooke still goes to your family photo and points everyone out. You need to add ethan!
Post a Comment