The month of December

Wow, I am so bad at keeping my blog up to date. Here are a few things that occured in the month of December.


PUTTING UP THE TREE
It was the Sunday after Thanksgiving and we decided it was time to put up the tree. Hollie and daddy did a great job at putting our "artificial pre-lit" tree up. While they were busy putting the tree up Ethan decided that he was going to lay on the floor and take a nap. It was so cute. He was laying there playing and next thing we know he is sound asleep. We had Hollie lay next to him, very carefully, and wanted to see the difference between the both of them. All we could say was, we have 2 VERY cute kids.
Later that evening we decorated the tree and Hollie was a great helper and did a great job at decorating her half of the tree. Only half of our tree could be decorated this year because of a busy little boy whose name is Ethan LOVES to get into and touch EVERYTHING!!! It was very much a kid proof tree and it still was pretty and cute.SANTA
Our ward had a ward Christmas breakfast with Santa and it was so much fun. The food was VERY YUMMY with all our favorites for Breakfast. After breakfast Santa came and the kids went crazy. Hollie was excited to look at him, but didn't know what to actually think of him. She sat on his lap and did a great job. She may not look happy, but, Hey, she is NOT screaming...Hooray!!!
While kids were busy saying "hi" to Santa and telling him what they want Bishop had a big suprise for them when they were finished. At the other end of the cultural hall were two huge jump houses!!! One for the big kids and one for the little ones. Everyone had a blast and big "thanks" to Bishop.
HOLLIE
Oh, my sweet Hollie. She is one funny girl. She was given a moses basket when she was just a baby and she would take naps in it. Well, lately we have used it as a bed for her dolls and stuffed animals. One afternoon she was taking a nap and I went to check on her and I found her sleeping in her moses basket. I started laughing so hard and ran to get my camera. I asked myself, How does this big little body curl up and fit in here? Well, she did and covered herself with LOTS of blankets.
The next morning we woke up and like always I go check on the kids and here I find her curled up in her moses basket again!! I don't know how long she slept in there, but she must have been pretty comfortable. My cute girl, I just LOVE her to pieces.

COWLES FAMILY CHRISTMAS PARTY
This has been a tradition that my mom started many many years ago. And the coolest part is is when she passed away the tradition still continued. It used to be my grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, second cousins it has always been a big deal. Now it is our family, my cousins here in Arizona and my aunt and uncle. One of the traditions is that my dad plays the guitar. I don't hear him play very often and when I do it is such a treat. He LOVES playing and played lots when my mom was here and it brings back many memories when I hear him play. Thanks dad. It is still lots of fun and the tradition of singing the 12 days of Christmas still goes on. My grandpa Cowles always had the "5 golden rings" and it was "His Part" the best part of the song. Sometimes he would say 5 roast beef sandwiches, just to be funny. There are always cazoos present and bells and lots and lots of loud voices. It was fun to be able to have it at my house this year, it was the first year we got to host it. My kids loved it and we all had so much fun. We can't wait for next year.
And I don't even know what to say here except for, oh my goodness gracious!!

No comments: