It was a GREAT weekend, full of LOTS of fun and everything princess for our little princess. Our baby girl is now 3 and so far we are off to a great start! I just need to bring her back down to reality because she STILL (April 8) thinks that it's her birthday. Like my dad told me, Papa and Janene can spoil her all they want and my job is to bring things back to reality...not easy, but we am trying. HeeHee.
Well, because Hollie received SO much attention this weekend Ethan was feeling a bit left out and had to make sure he got he dose of attention also. Here is a story about our boy and what he did. Tuesday morning we were packing things up and getting ready to head back home. The rooms were conjoined rooms and one side was the Princess suite and the other was a regular room. It just so happened that ALL of us adults and Hollie were in the princess suite. I was packing, Ryan was in the shower and my dad and Janene were laying on the bed with Hollie talking about ALL the fun they had. When all of a sudden our sweet adorable Ethan decided he was going to close the door in the other room! Do you know what that means? He had locked himself in the room ALL BY HIMSELF. You know how, in the conjoined rooms, when you close one door there is no handle on the other side of the door. So, when Ethan closed the door there was no handle on the princess side to open the door. (I hope I am explaining this right). Anyway, we also soon figured out that NONE of us had our hotel room key, they were all in the other suite....the one Ethan was in. We went to call the front desk and picked up the "princess phone" and found out there was no dial tone it was just a princess talking to you and there was NO other phone in the princess suite! My dad went into the hallway to go downstairs and found an emergency phone in the Hallway...called downstairs and they sent a security guy up to open the door. As all of this is happening Hollie is entertaining Ethan by putting her hands under the door and playing with him. I am calm for the moment and just GRATEFUL that the bathroom door was closed and that he couldn't play in the toilet, trash etc... About 5 minutes later (which felt like an eternity) the security guy made it up opened the door and GUESS WHAT? The security LATCH at the top of the door was LOCKED and there was NO WAY OF GETTING IN! I began to freak out and my emotions took over. Ryan, was ready to climb across the balcony (we were on the 4th floor) because if we remembered correctly the sliding glass door was unlocked, NOT OPEN, thank goodness. The security guy didn't like that, but whatever we had to do to get our boy. The main door into the room was cracked as much as it could be and I sat and held my little Ethan's hand and cried with him. I knew we would get it open, I just couldn't stand to hear him cry and know I couldn't get to him. The security guy called downstairs told them the problem and sent another guy that knew what to do. He came up in about 10 minutes (felt like an hour) and within 2 minutes he had the door open and we were all reunited with our little boy. Yes, it was SCARY, but we survived. Just another adventure to add to our already exciting weekend. Soon afterwards we were ready to leave and make our way back home. There is always adventure I am learning when you have a BUSY one year old little boy!
The ending to our "Princess Bash"
Posted by Kerri
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment