This weekend was a busy one to say the least, but great! KC and Brookie came into town Thursday night and we were able to watch baby Owen on Friday and it was LOTS OF FUN. Owen is a PERFECT baby!! He is so cute and so much fun. I LOVED watching Hollie play with him, take care of him, sing him songs and read him books. We must have worn Owen out because he took a 3 HOUR nap!!!!! What? there has NEVER been such a thing at my house. I kept checking on him every 20 minutes to make sure he was still breathing, and he was, thank goodness. We had a great time and enjoyed seeing KC, Brookie and Owen. Thank you guys for a FUN FILLED DAY!!!
Saturday, was busy for me. I had a bridal shower to be at at 12 and I went shopping for the gift at 10:30am; nothing like waiting till the last minute. I normally don't do this, I am usually prepared. Anyway, I got home, tidied up the house, picked up the babysitter and then we were off to our ward Luau. It was a lot of fun and very COLD, believe it or not. Thanks to a great friend who brought us some jackets, that really helped.
Sunday was also busy. Relaxed in the morning, went to church at 12, came home early because we had to be at Ryan's cousins house for his daughters baby blessing. It was an eventful with a few FUNNY happinings. First off I was showering this morning and realized that the water pressure was low and that the water was lukewarm. I am one for nice HOT showers, not lukewarm. I was thinking why it would be like this and I remembered the dishwasher was going and that was the end of that thought until tonight. I was showering this evening and the water was still the SAME!!! What the heck, I said. I want my HOT showers. I called to Ryan and I said there is something wrong with our water, I have it ALL the way on HOT and it is LUKEWARM....what's the deal? This smile comes across his face and he says, that he was trying to save money and turned our water heater down!! I said, you did what? He said, I did it yesterday and I only turned it down 4 notches...only 4 notches, I said!!! Couldn't you do one at a time? So, he laughed and went and turned it up 3 notches, but I still got a cold shower. My cute husband always trying to find a way to save money. Next time, lets do it gradual and not all at once, please. It gave for a great laugh. I look forward to my HOT shower tomorrow....Hooray!!
Hollie, oh lets just say, sweet, cute, adorable and drama!!!! As we were on our way to the baby blessing she was throwing an outrageous fit in the car. I knew it was because she was tired, but it got to the point that it was funny. She was saying things that didn't make sense, trying so hard to get out of her seatbelt and to make it better she was great entertainment for Ethan, because he was laughing at her and that was making her even more mad as she screamed, "NO LAUGHING ETHAN!!!!!" It was a great memorable time! A time I wish I had my video camera, because it would be fun to watch one day. We finally made it to the baby blessing and there were a ton of people there, I would say close to 50. Hollie made it very clear when we were there that there were to many people there. She told me a few times, "mom, there are too many people here". It was really cute and how did she know to say that....smart girl. She is very observant and I am learning the innocense of a 3 year old child. We were sitting on the couch relaxing and Hollie was quick to observe something and was not affraid to voice it. There was a woman there who had a big smile and it exposed a lot of her gums and Hollie had to point and loudly say, "look mom she has gums". I was SO embarassed! I said, yes Hollie she does have gums, that's a great observation, but we don't point. We then were quickly off the couch and headed outside. Oh, the fun of kids.
Ethan. All I can say is that Ryan and I learned that when we go to family functions like that Ethan goes to a babysitters house!! This kid was CRAZY!!! I don't even know how to explain it except that we are going to be the family that people dread coming to their home. During the blessing Ethan starts to scream, so I start to close the sliding glass door and then Hollie screams, Ryan's cousin paused the blessing till I dragged my kids, quickly out the door and closed it. Yup, the Larson's are here and we make it KNOWN!!! So embarassing too, but I guess that is one of the MANY joys of kids. I don't think Ryan and I have ever scarfed down dinner so fast because Ethan was into everything and everyone's dinner. We seriously would pick him up, bring him over to the table kicking and screaming, put him down and he would be gone within .2 seconds. He had SO much energy!! I was really impressed. The evening was comical and I am sure our family was great birthcontrol for those who don't have kids yet. thank goodness we both were laughing and family was laughing too. Many whom have already been through this with their boys and just wished us luck. Lesson learned, next time Ethan will stay home with a babysitter.
The moral of my stories....I REALLY LOVE BEING A MOM!!!! There is so much that happens, memories that are formed,energy found that I never thought I had and SO much LOVE. I can laugh, I can cry and I can share moments with my kids that I will remember forever, and I can LOVE them unconditionally despite what they do. I am so LUCKY to be a mom and experience ALL the FUN that comes along with it.
Our weekend happenings..fun, adventerous, embarassing and memorable
Posted by Kerri
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
I LOVE YOUR NEW HEADER PICTURE. VERY VERY PRETTY!
Post a Comment