Having a boy in the house is VERY different from having a little girl! I will have to say that lately I have had some BIG wake up calls, that Ethan is ALL BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There are things that I have NEVER had to think about with Hollie that I am now having to think of. I know that I am only getting a little taste of what life with Ethan is going to be ALL about, we are just getting started.
Let me start this by HE IS SO BUSY AND INTO EVERYTHING! We can't turn our backs on him for more than 20 seconds. A week ago Saturday the scarriest thing happened. I couldn't believe it and I felt like the Worlds WORST MOM! We were eating dinner and our neighbor came to the door to get some Easter stuff for Sunday. I let her in, Ethan was inside with us, and closed the door behind me. We were in the kitchen and within 1 1/2 minutes I had this lady pounding at our front door, which was partially opened, saying I HAVE YOUR BABY!!! WHAT???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, she had Ethan in her arms and told me that he was out in the MIDDLE OF THE STREET and they were DRIVING BY and SAW HIM!! I have NO words to describe how I felt at that very moment except GRATEFUL that they were paying ATTENTION and that it wasn't someone speeding and not paying attention. I felt and still do indebted to that woman and her husband. I gave her a BIG hug, told her thank you ten times over and just cried. I think my heart stopped for a couple minutes. I really couldn't believe what just happened and HOW LUCKY I AM THAT NOTHING HAPPENED TO MY SWEET BABY BOY!!!!
So, "This is the way I role". One day I was talking to my brother and telling him about Ethan and ALL his adventures and his response was, "This is the way I role, mom". He was saying this as if Ethan was saying it and it has stuck with me ever since. This is the way Ethan roles, SO TRUE! Don't get me wrong, we LOVE it and there is LOTS of LAUGHING going on because Ethan NEVER STOPS!! It's go go go...sleep....wake up....go go go..... It really is entertaining to watch him. His mind is running, he is trying to figure out what to climb up next, what he can throw, how much he can pull off the bottom shelf of the pantry, how many cupboards he can clean out before mom stops him and just keeps GOING. He is the Energizer Ethan, the destroyer, bubba, bubbalicious (because he is so DANG cute!), he is going going gone, he is everything boy and everything we would expect him to be.
His newest adventures are climbing up the oven/stove, yes you read that right the STOVE! I couldn't believe it...he is SO strong and can pull himself up and yes, I have pictures to prove it.
He climbs the chairs and LOVES to stand on top of the kitchen table. I have stopped that by no longer keeping chairs by the table and they now line the back of my sofa upside down.


This is his "climbing gym" and he loves to stand on it and rock it back and forth...silly kid!

Believe it or not he climb up to the top ALL BY HIMSELF!!
As Ryan and I were sitting at the dinner table last night watching Ethan roam and figure out what he was going to do next we talked about how far he, Ethan, has come. It was this time last year that Ethan was one tough cookie, and had all sorts of digestive problems. And now look at him, he is a BIG kid, wild, full of energy, non-stop, eats everything he is given, just started sleeping through the night 2 1/2 weeks ago and is doing GREAT!!! As Ryan sadly said last night, Kerri, it doesn't look like we have a tennis player on our hands I think he is going to be the star on the rugby team". I just had to laugh. Ryan was a tennis player and had a tennis scholoarship at BYU-H, and it looks like his little boy is going to play "rough" sports. Ethan's favorite thing to do is play "rough" with daddy. It's hilarious to watch because Ethan just can't get enough, he laughs and wants more more more. The second Ryan walks away and says, "all done" Ethan starts to cry because he wants MORE rough time. It really is SO funny. I think we are going to be busy with wrestling, football and rugby....all the sports a Chiropractor doesn't like because they are tough on the body. Oh, well....what do you do?
Anyway, I LOVE my Ethan more than anything in this world. I couldn't imagine life without him. He is going to continue to keep me on my toes and I am totally okay with that. I LOVE having a boy and ALL that comes with them.
A quick mention about his health. He is doing GREAT after I decided to take matters in my own hands. I was being told that he was "under weight" and that we needed to increase his calories. We tried putting him on "special" formulas and he just kept having reactions to them. It was one day that he had an allergic reaction to a drink called, Soy pediatric drink, it's kind of like pedia-sure. Anyway, we figured out that he is allergic to soy and dairy and so I have taken him off ANYTHING that has those 2 ingredients in it. I went to Sprouts and talked to one of the nutritionists there and she recommended Hemp Milk. Yes, it may sound funny, but I swear by it and it has made a world of a difference with Ethan. There is no dairy, soy or gluten in it along with a few other things and it is loaded with nutrition! I couldn't be more grateful that I found this milk and that he LOVES it!! Life is great!!!! He is sleeping through the night, napping on a schedule and SO much happier! Ethan has an allergy appointment in May and will have tests run for allergies. We are hoping he will out grow the dairy allergy, the docs say if they are going to outgrow it they will do so by age 2. We are hopeful because if not we will ALL have to change our diet around here. (that will be a little difficult, and some getting use to, but I am sure we would manage). Anyway, I just thought I would give a little update on Ethan, since I haven't in a very long time.
I would HIGHLY recommend Hemp milk to anyone who has difficulty with dairy or soy. It tastes pretty good and is thicker than other milks, i.e. rice milk.





No comments:
Post a Comment