No More Monkey's Jumping On The Bed!!!

Can you guess what the adventures of today where? Well, if you can't just think it's only something that would happen in the Larson home. Like I said a few posts ago we live on our toes around here and we are always ready for something to come our way. Well, today has to deal with Monkey's jumping on the bed one fell off and broke her arm. Yes, that's right. Our little Hollie was playing at a friends house this morning and she and her little friend where jumping on the bed and Hollie fell off and broke her arm. Can you believe it? When I heard I just didn't know wether to laugh or cry, so I chose to laugh. Yes, that may sound mean but, trust me my heart was broken, and that's just what I had to do do get through the moment. We went straight to Ryan's office, thank goodness he has an x-ray machine, and we took a couple quick x-ray's and didn't see anything major. The x-ray didn't come out to well because we couldn't keep Hollie still, but we could atleast tell that it wasn't a complete break. So, Ryan got on the phone and called a pediatric orthopedist who he has a repor with and thankfully they said to bring her right in. Her elbow area was really swollen and it looked like the radial head was dislocated, but we weren't sure. Hollie would not move it and didn't like ANYONE touching it. So, off we were up to Phoenix to see this ortho. We got in the office, filled out the paperwork and returned it. While I was waiting to get my cards back, I was holding Hollie, and next thing I know Hollie is throwing up all over me, herself and it hit the lady at the desk. Oh my heavens, I couldn't believe it! I froze for a moment and thought to myself no way, neither one of us have extra clothes and this poor lady behind the desk, then came the tears. There was this one women who was in the waiting room with her two boys and she got right up and helped me clean up. Bless her heart. I wish I knew her name because I would send her flowers. She was so nice and helpful. Well, after we got semi cleaned up we were immediatley back in a room. I guess if you don't want to wait at a doctors office very long just have your kid throw up and you will get back right away. Within 15 minutes of being back in a room the doctor was there looked at Hollie's arm and wanted to take another x-ray. He said he has never seen so much swelling and that led him to think it was not broken, but dislocated. After the x-ray(thank goodness for quick digital x-rays, we had them back and a diagnosis in 10 minutes)we could see that her humerous just below the elbow was fractured. It's called a lateral condyle fracture. It's not a complete break just a small fracture, but very painful! The doctor wanted to cast it but because it was so swollen he opted to put her in a sling for 1 week and have us come back next week to see what we should do from there. Keeping a 2 year old in a sling and not moving her arm is NOT an easy thing! I feel so bad for her and I wish I could take all the pain away. The doctor wants us to keep her in the sling 24/7 and treat it as if it was a cast. So, we are doing our best and to sum it up Hollie is getting everything the she needs and more. Can you say we are spoiling her? Yes, spoiling her rotten, but she deserves it. Lots of ice cream, chocolate, Love, holding her, giving lots of kisses. I have to say I love the moments where she just wants me to hold her and sing, I am a child of God and Popcorn popping. She tries to do the hand movements for Popcorn popping, but it's hard to do it with one hand. When she is on my lap she always tells me, "mommy, Hollie sad," it's so cute and just breaks my heart. She is such a good sport and one tough cookie. I am so proud of her and how she is handling this. I know it must not be easy for her, but she is doing a fantastic job! We are watching lots of movies and just enjoying hanging out.
Well, I can't say what will happen next, but as you know stay tuned and you will find out. Here are a few pics of our little princess.



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

that doesn't happen everyday. wish you all the best.

Rebekah said...

Welcome to the club! I had to laugh when I read your post- Samuel just fractured his leg and has to have it in a cast for a month. You are not alone!!

Trish said...

For a chiropractic family, you sure do spend a lot of time with the M.D.'s! My goodness! I am so sorry for Hollie, but even more for Mom! You are such a great Mama!

You've really been busy blogging! I hadn't checked on you in a week and voila! Tons of new stuff! Glad your summer isn't all blood and broken bones! :)

Ian and Kristen said...

oh poor holly! Hope she feels better!

Anonymous said...

I Hope Hollie feels better. I hate to hear that. Love from Oklahoma

Kristin said...

Poor little thing! Poor you! Wow. I'm glad that you know what it is and hopefully it will get feeling better really fast!

Tami said...

Hi, Kerri! I just found your blog and love to check up on you and see how you're doing. Your kids are darling! What a rough day, though. I was reading your blog the other day and my little boys came in and I showed them how cute little Hollie was in her sling. They both were so glad not to have broken any bones. Last night my oldest fell off the monkey bars at the park and totally broke both bones near his wrist! What a terrible night- it's so hard to see your little ones in pain. On the way to the ER we talked about how he'd have a sling just like Hollie. Hope she's doing well. I'll keep checking up on you guys!
Love, Tami (Tanner)

Heidi Ann said...

Even though I've heard this story it made me want to cry reading it. Poor little girlie! That's the littlest sling I've ever seen and the cutest girl ever wearing it!