Re-cap of the last month

Wow, where has time gone? Christmas has come and gone and it's now 2009, oh my goodness!!
Let me give a quick re-cap of the last month.

  • Ethan turned 9 months and needed to get an MRI because his head measures above the 100 percentile! Thank goodness the MRI came back normal. Our pediatrician said, he just has a Charlie Brown head. As you can see he continues to keep us on our toes.
  • Christmas Shopping and more Christmas Shopping.
  • Christmas Party's
  • Hollie enjoyed sitting on Santa Clause' lap. Hooray....last year was quite the experience.
  • Papa Cowles and Janene's "sleigh" arrived 2 weeks before Christmas and that was LOTS of fun.
  • The Cowles Family Christmas Party!!! Always fun and loud due to all the singing and kazoos!! (thanks Janene for a GREAT Turkey!)
  • Packed the car and brought Christmas to Utah this year for 2 weeks and it was a BLAST!! Pictures to come soon. We just got a new computer and are in the middle of transfering stuff.
  • Ethan starting to WALK the day before Christmas... oh goodness, I don't think I am ready for this.
  • Ethan keeping us on our toes once again with a week of diahrea diapers (about 10 a day). Yes, can you say HOLY COW!! This started 2 days before we left for Utah and it just got worse as time went on. His poor bottom just made me cry every time I changed his diaper. The doctors said it was a virus and to let it run its course. Are you kidding me, I said. So, we decided to give him a blessing and switched his formula to Soy. He is doing much better now and is still on Soy.
  • Our Birthmom went through the Temple and was married on December 27. We are so excited for her and the new chapter she is opening in her life. She has made great decisions and found a young man who loves her unconditionally and that is all we can ask for.
  • Christmas Day was fantastic!! Santa brought Hollie a Princess Kitchen and Ethan a Leap Frog ride on train. Santa spoiled me too, I might add. And Mrs. Clause was very nice to Santa. It was a great Christmas and we were so lucky to be with all our family and the Skousen Family (my sister-in-law's family). It was great and SOOO much fun. Pictures soon.
  • Ryan turned 33 and now calls himself "an old fart". He doesn't look a day over 25.
  • Well, I think that sums up our December. Now here we are into a new year with LOTS of New Years Resolutions, goals and many more fun memories ahead. Lets GO!!!!

3 comments:

Rebekah said...

Samuel has always had a head size over 100%!! I just figure he is smart- that and apparently it runs in David (my husband's) family. Actually I think it makes a boy look even more cute!

DEANNA said...

Charlie Brown heah huh? That is too funny. My oldest was the exact same way. I always say... big head... big brains. That truly seems to be the case!

Happy New Year to you and your sweet little family!

Ian and Kristen said...

I love the Charlie Brown head! That is too funny! Ryan said Ethan started walking in UT? Maddie just started this week too! They are always about on the same page! Now that all the holiday craziness is over we should get together! I misss having fun with you everyday at work!