Hollie has school Tues, Wed and Thurs. Those are usually the days that I will run errands because it is a little easier with one child...I thought. This particular day it was NOT easy. We started out at CVS. We got in and Ethan was good until it was time to check out. I was up at the checkout and Ethan was pulling candy off the shelves...why do they keep that stuff right at a child's level??? He was climbing out of the cart (it was one of those "kid friendly"carts). The lady behind us gave Ethan 2 balls to play with, now, why in the world would you give a boy a ball, yet alone 2?? Yes, ofcourse he threw them and I had to go pick them up and thank goodness he didn't knock anything over. We finally get out of there safely, put things in the car and head on over to fry's. Yes, can you believe I ever attempted to go to another store, well, let me just say this I regret it and so does my car. We get into fry's and I first attempt the produce section. ( I didn't have much to get but I needed a few things for dinner). Throughout the store Ethan is throwing whatever he can get his hands on out of the cart..yes, he can reach back pretty far. Again he was trying so hard to climb out. I was moving quick throughout the store, but not quick enough. He is trying to climb out, screaming and is completely uncontrollable. I get in line to check out and, ofcourse, it is VERY slow...not helping my situation. Four firemen get in line behind me they are trying to console my uncontrollable son and at the same time laughing. He is pulling at the magazines, candy and all the fun stuff they have on either side of you while in line. I get everything on the belt, check out and as the bagger is putting the groceries in the bags Ethan's hands are quicker than his and some of my produce is quickly landing on the floor. I pick it up and look back at the firemen and say, if there is anything left behind me go ahead pick it up and you can have it. I was anxious to get OUT of there. I quickly load the groceries in the car, change Ethan's soaking wet diaper, put him in his seat and sit down. I take a deep breath, laugh and start to back out. I all of a sudden hear this loud noise look behind me and I don't see anything, but know I hit something. I get out, go to the back of my car to see that I forgot to put the cart away, which was still behind my car, but now knocked over on the ground. I now have a nice scratch along the back bumper of my car!! WHAT A DORK!!!!!!!!!!! Can I say how STUPID I felt. I was SO embarassed that I quickly put the cart away, jumped in my car and drove away.
We get home, open the back of the car to find that dish soap had spilt. Luckily most of it was in the bag and not all over my car. I was putting things away and realized, somehow, that I only made it home with 1 tube of toothpaste and not the second one, which was aleady paid for. I Called CVS, it was there and we had to go back to get it.
Moral of my crazy story, having one kid DOESN'T make running errands ANY easier!
A crazy and embarassing day
Posted by Kerri
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
I have definitely had days like this!! Ethan is one busy boy - I've got one that way, too! This made me laugh thinking about all my crazy shopping days too. And for me, it's not HOW MANY kids I have with me, it's just WHICH KID I have with me! :)
I love the cute Sunday pictures of the kids. I realized it's been a while since I've seen them. Hollie is so grown up and I love how blond Ethan's hair has gotten! Love it!
Post a Comment