The "Dinosaur" Museum

Wow, I have just been slacking in the blogging department...well, I do have a few good excuses, this is not one of them, just an update.

A month ago Hollie's pre-school went on their first field trip to the Arizona Museum of Natural History, aka Dinosaur Museum. Let me just say that it was an experience, something I hope that doesn't repeat at the upcoming field trip we have on Thursday to the pumpkin patch. The only way to sum it up is, that by the time I left I felt like I was the worlds worst mom, that my 3 1/2 year old is completely out of control and FULL of attitude. It was one of those moments that when we got home I just cried. I couldn't understand why Hollie was acting the way she was. It truly broke my heart. We were so excited to go and the minute we got there, Hollie completely shut down and didn't want anything to do with me and when I tried to show her something, take a picture or just have fun with her she screamed and threw a fit. I talked with her teacher and she said that this is a whole different side of Hollie and that Hollie is great in school. Well, I am glad she is good at school, but do I make her this way, everything I do for her is this how I deserve to get treated...let me just say I felt horrible. After talking with my amazing husband he re-assured me that I was a good mom and that Hollie loves me and that that is just our girl. I really think that she doesn't like crowds and all the attention...I know, can you imagine that, a girl that doesn't like all the attention:) Anyway, Hollie and I had a great talk after that, she apologized and hopefully this next field trip will be a little better. Here are a few pictures of our trip to the museum.
Here is the class picture. Can you find Ms. Hollie? Well, you will not see her adorable little face because she turned her back and was telling us to stop taking her picture...that's my girl!
We were lucky enough to get a few with her looking once we got inside, but she is not smiling
The only one of her smiling and you want to know why? because I told her papa wants one picture of her smiling, so this one is for you dad!
Hollie in front of the dinosaur throwing a fit. And no, I was not forcing her, I asked very nicely and this is what she did, so I had to take a picture.
Outside paning for gold. This was fun, but she was being a stinker. I really was trying SO hard to be patient, kind and loving and it just broke my heart when all I would get back was attitude.
.Hollie, just always know I LOVE you more than anything in this world and you are teaching me way to much at the age of 3! Love you girlie!





No comments: