This weekend was awesome! We had lots of family come into town and we were sealed to Ethan on Saturday and Blessed him on Sunday. The weekend was just perfect in All ways possible.
Going into the Temple on Saturday morning was one of the most spiritual experiences of my life because I was able to have my eternal companion and both of my children there with me. It was amazing! Hollie looked absolutely beautiful in her white dress and Ethan was a very handsome man in his white outfit. During the sealing Ethan was just perfect. As soon as the sealer began to speak Ethan looked right up at him, listened and didn't look away till he was finished speaking. It was amazing. I thought for sure Ethan would be a wiggly worm, but he wasn't he was just very peaceful. Hollie was a perfect angel who sat on my Aunts lap for the whole thing. When the sealing was over we stood up and looked into the mirrors. Standing in front of the mirrors and looking at my family brought overwhelming joy in knowing that we are an eternal family. I thought of how blessed I am to have these two precious children and a loving husband and father. Hollie and Ethan are truly our miracle angels who were sent to us straight from Heaven. I love them both so much and am so grateful they are our children.
Ethan's blessing day was a great ending to a fabulous weekend. I have to say we were all a bit concerned at how Ethan was going to do during the blessing and all I can say is he sure did give those men a workout. Bishop got up afterwards and said, "I thought Ethan was going to get up and walk away".We all chuckled because that's our boy, he just CAN'T hold still. Ryan did a great job and it was a wonderful weekend for Ethan and our family.
I love my little Ethan more than anything in this world. He is mommy's little boy and always will be. I am so glad that he is now in our family for eternity. He brings such a joy to our home and keeps us on our toes. We love every bit of him and although we have had some hard times with him medically I never stopped loving him and never will. He is my little boy, the son I always wished for, the man we will one day send on a mission, the brother to our sweet daughter Hollie, the second protector of our home, another Priesthood Holder and he is our boy and we are grateful for him and love him more than words can describe.
A quick funny story about Ethan this weekend.
Ethan was so excited that his weekend was finally here and that he could be sealed to his family forever. So excited that he didn't want to miss ONE THING! When I say that, I really mean it. He didn't want to sleep he wanted to be awake every waking moment. Let me just list the times he slept over the weekend. Friday night he finally went down at about 10pm (way past his bedtime), was up 3 times during the night and then WIDE AWAKE at 3:30am!! I couldn't fall back to sleep because I was getting up at 5 to get ready to go to the Temple. I think he was just soooo excited that he couldn't sleep either. He took a couple 20 minute naps during the day on Saturday, was in bed about 10 again that night and then up every hour and a half until 6:30am. Once again I think he was very anxious to get his baby blessing. But, get this. Sunday night after everyone was gone he was out by 8:00pm (bedtime), woke up once during the night and then didn't arise until 9AM!!!!!! Can you believe it! I had to keep going in and checking on him to make sure he was still breathing. I really believe Ethan didn't want to miss a thing and wanted to be awake for everything. Well, he was and the weekend was great! He was held by everyone, given LOTS of attention, and LOTS of hugs and kisses. Every party we had was perfect, food was great and it made for a very memorable weekend.
Ethan's Weekend
Posted by Kerri
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment