Hollie's first "real" haircut

Hollie and I were able to have a mommy daughter day and it couldn't have been more perfect. We started our day out by going to Lollilocks (I would highly recommend it for those of you in Arizona-Way Cute!!) to get Hollie her first haircut. I tell you I stepped in there are it just brought back memories from when I was a kid, except this place also had a room where your little girl can get a manicure and pedicure and it was full of girly hair accessories and rhinestones. Hollie ofcourse chose the pink elephant to sit on. She did great! Although in the pictures she doesn't look to happy, she really did fantastic. Her hair turned out so cute and they even had Hollie pick out a hair-do out of their little book of four designs. When we were all finished and the cape was taken off Hollie looked in the mirror and said, Look mommy I'm a "pincess". I just about died. She is just too cute and I love it!

Our next destination was Target and then to Jo-Anne's. I have read a lot about these books called Lifebooks for adopted children. I am very anxious and eager to start Hollie's, so we went to Jo-Anne's to pick out her lifebook. We have been talking a lot about adoption lately because we are wanting to plant the seed. Ofcourse, she picked out a "pincess" one and I thought that was just perfect. Yes, we are very much into "pincess' around here. After Jo-Anne's we were on our way home. I was asking her what she wanted for lunch and, ofcourse, her response was, hot dog mommy. It's her favorite food. I said okay and then there was a moment of silence. She then, out of the blue, asked, mommy Amanda (her birthmom) Hollie's house? I said, no sweetheart Amanda is at her house in Idaho. Hollie said, Idaho. I said, that's right she is going to school there. Then she said, Mommy's tummy "boken", Hollie Amanda's tummy. Tears welled up in my eyes, I couldn't believe it- she get's it. I responded and said, that's right Hollie. Mommy's tummy is broken and you came from Amanda's tummy and grew in Mommy's heart. I then expressed to her how much I love her and how lucky we are to have Amanda in our life and how much we love her. I cannot explain the feeling in the car that day. I just cried. Ofcourse, they were tears of joy and accomplishment. My little 2 year old understands that her mommy's tummy is broken and that she had to come from Amanda's tummy. Can I just say these are the joy's of adoption. I couldn't be more grateful for adoption and for my 2 sweet angels. Wow, what a great day!

This month is all about adoption for us as we finalize Ethan's adoption and are able to be sealed to him and bless him. What a wonderful month!

2 comments:

Trish said...

Yeah, you got me crying! I love this post. Thanks for sharing it, one broken tummy to another. :)

Ian and Kristen said...

what a sweet story! I miss you Kerri I feel like I haven't seen you in forever. We need to get together and catch up... we'll make cookies again only this time they don't have to be the shape of a hand! We'll do something more fun than that!!! Seriously though, I miss seein you all the time! Hope you guys are doing well!