Happy Mother's Day!

First of all Happy Mother's Day to ALL the Mother's! Being a Mother is such a wonderful gift. I know how precious it is and I am SO grateful that I am able to be a Mother. Having a special day set aside for just Mother's is fantastic! I am not only able to reflect on me being a Mother but ALL those Mother's out there that have been a Mother to me, thank you.

Me and My PRECIOUS kiddos that have given me the gift of Motherhood

We were also very lucky to have Ryan's dad and Pamela in town for Mother's Day!

Mother's Day has never been an easy day for me. I lost my mother when I was 8 years old and celebrating Mother's Day has never been the same since. I think about my mother daily and wish she could be here with me. I know that she is with me but just in a different way. Not a day goes by that I don't think about her or wish that I could call her up and cry, complain, tell her something special that the kids did or to just chat. I wish so badly that my sweet Hollie would be able to know her grandma Holly and who she is named after. I know that my mom had her time with Hollie but I just wish I was a part too. Having a mother in Heaven is special in its own way. I know she is ALWAYS watching over me, that she is a part of my daily life and when I have quite moments I can sit and just talk. One of my favorite things to do is write her letters. I have a few that have piled up over the years and they are sealed and are in a box. Sometimes writing letters can help knowing that she is not here and I feel like I have done something. I wanted my mom to know how much I LOVE her. Although she is not here today I know that I will one day see her again and what a glorious meeting that will be! Happy Mother's Day to you to Mom.


This is one of the last pictures taken of her before she passed away and I LOVE it! She glowed and was always happy.

No comments: