We have a gymnist!!!

Thursday was Hollie's last day of her first 6 weeks in gymnastics. When she first started I wasn't to sure how much she would like it. It took her a little while to warm up to her coach, but once she did she was very comfortable and confident. We have been SO lucky in that Hollie has had "private" lessons for 5 of the classes. And wow, has it been to her benefit!
Thursday as I sat and watched her do the stretching, balance beam, climbing the rope (with very little help), and the bars I was so impressed. There was a lady sitting next to me who took a few pictures of Hollie on the bars. While I was talking with her she was complimenting on Hollie and how good she is for her age. I said thank you and then I hear Hollie's coach yell, "mom, look over here, girls her age don't do this." I looked and watched Hollie jump from a small trampoline onto the bar and hold herself up (straight arms).

Coach was SO proud of her and ofcourse so was I. I and the lady next to me were clapping and Hollie was just beaming, we were all so proud of her. She then preceeded to hang from the bar and pull her legs up and go around the bar with little help!!! Once again we were ALL SO proud of her and all that she has accomplished. Once class was over coach came up to me and we chatted about Hollie for a couple minutes. He is SO amazed with her strength for being only 3. I told him that we had her enrolled in the summer class and what he would recommend. He asked how old she was again, (couldn't remember if she was 3 or 4) and then said hold on. He went to the front desk to ask how old the kids had to be to be in level one and unfortunately she has to be 5. Coach said, Hollie will go very far if you keep her in it; she has the strength, tone and body type, coordination and desire. I was SO proud of my little girl! Hearing such an awesome compliment about Hollie just made me beam from ear to ear. Hollie has always amazed us by her strength and energy. We know she is going to be a great athlete because it is in her genes. It's fun and exciting to see a little 3 year old succeed like she did and LOVE it!! Way to go Hollie and we look forward to watching you continue to grow.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

How fun for you and Hollie. Next stop...Olympics! :)