We took a quick trip to California for my cousins homecoming. It was great to be able to be with all my family on my dad's side. During that time I was also able to see a great friend of mine Christine and shame on me I didn't take any pictures. It's been about a year since I had seen her and we had LOTS of catching up to do and it was fun watching our kids play together.

We enjoyed lots of time by the pool and being outside. Hollie and Ethan loved the pool eventhough it was a little cold for us.

Saturday, KC, Brookie, Ryan, Hollie, Ethan and I all took the day and headed down to Seaport Village. Let me just say that we ALL wanted to move back to San Diego. It was absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!! It really couldn't have been more perfect outside. Ethan was SO quite we had to make sure he was still with us. Hollie LOVED running around outside and watching all the boats, airplanes, and animals that walked by. What topped off the day was our Bestest friends in the whole entire world showed up and spent half the day with us. These are friends of the family and have been before I was born. So, to age myself we have known them for 30 years!! HOLY COW!! They are the Ondatje's and I will treasure their everlasting friendship for the rest of my life. Karen (the mom) was best friends with my mom (before she passed away). Everytime I see Karen I cannot help but to get teary eyed. We LOVE talking about my mom and all the memories we have. She LOVES my Hollie to pieces because she just makes her think of my mom, me too. We talk about how my mom would have just loved to be a grandmother and how she would love my two kids to pieces. I know she would and I make sure and keep her alive and talk about grandma Holly all the time. Having good friends like the Ondatje's are irreplaceable. We are always there for eachother and if I ever want to talk about my mom or ask questions Karen is always there.They have a daughter, who is 30, and a son who is 26. Well, I am 29 and my brother is 25 so we pretty much grew up with eachother. We all still have a great relationship today allthough it is hard because we all live in different states. It was so fun getting together and having all of us there. We have not done that in a really long time and I cannot wait till we do it again. Shame on me again, I didn't take any pictures!!





2 comments:
It was great to see you too. I couldn't believe I didn't get my camera out either. It was so fun to see you and your beautiful children. Hollie is so sweet and played great with Deren, and Ethan is just adorable. Thanks for visiting!
Hey guys, I'm going private on my blog so if you want an invite, leave your email on my blog! :)
-Jennie N.
ps...my brother's adoption of their baby was finalized last week!
Post a Comment