Growing to fast

Crawling, Standing, getting into things and climbing up stairs describe our 7 1/2 month old Ethan. Can you believe it!?! At the rate he is going he is going to be walking by Christmas!! Holy Cow, I don't know if I am ready for that. He is still my baby, he is not suppose to be doing these things because deep down inside I am not quite ready for my little boy to be mobile I want him to be a baby. Well, I guess I just have to accept it because that's just what happens, they grow up.He is definetly showing how busy of a little boy he is going to be, very different from my Hollie. Hollie never opened up cupboards or tried climbing on things, but Ethan is already starting that. Ryan asked the other day what projects I needed him to work on and I said, you need to put locks on EVERY single cupboard we have except for the one with the plastic tuperware. Other than that they all NEED them soon! He looked at me and with a big grin and said, "are you ready for this?" I said, NO way, I want my baby to still be a baby, but I guess that's not going to happen, so I have to be ready. We both laughed.We are glad to see that Ethan is growing and developing quickly....it is a good thing.

Ethan has discovered the stairs and LOVES them. I have sat by him and watched him go up them and I have to say, he does a fantastic job. It seems like climbing just comes natural to him. It didn't take him long but a few seconds to figure it out and he is up and climbing. He has even tried to climb up on the couch, but he just isn't tall enough for that quite yet, but I am sure he will figure it out soon enough. Today I put a gate up at the stairs and I wish I had the video camera running. He was SO mad at me. He put his head down on the bottom stair and just cried. He then layed on the floor and cried, it was like he was throwing a tempertantrum. (I wonder who he has learned that from, Ms. Hollie??) I have to admit I was laughing inside and smiling, I have never seen him do that before. So, I am now on a mission to find some sort of climbing gym or something that he can climb on that he won't get hurt on either. If anyone has any suggestions I would LOVE to hear them. I have tried putting pillows on the floor, but that just isn't enough for him. I will continue to experiment and see what we can come up with.
I know I have said this before but I can just see my Ethan swinging from the ligh above the kitchen table with a big smile on his face. I think I am going to have LOTS of laughs and many worries and maybe falls ahead of me for the next couple of years. Hold on tight it may be a wild a crazy road ahead!

1 comment:

The Kubelka's said...

Just an idea. My boys love climbing on boxes. Of course they have to be sturdy with some thing in them. But they looooove it! If you buy something in a box, don't take it out....it works great!