Yes, I know this is gross but this is what I have been dealing with since Thursday morning!!! Our little Ethan is throwing us for a loop once again. I tell ya, this is the age we thought Ethan would be over ALL his problems, but nope not just yet. Let me re-cap the last couple of months.
Lets go back to Christmas. We were in Utah and for 6 days straight Ethan had up to 12 diahrea diapers a DAY!!! Yes, way to many. He had energy, believe it or not, and was drinking. He had a HORRIBLE rash and was one tough cookie. We were, ofcourse, on the phone with Nurses and following their instruction. It wasn't urgent enough to take him into the ER or Urgent care because he was drinking and still had energy. Ryan decided to switch him over to Soy and see if that would help. It did and he was back to our healthy Ethan in no time. Well, ever since we have been home we have been trying to get him back on regular formula but every time we did the diahrea and rash came back. So, we then started to think that he has now developed an allergy to dairy. I took him into the doctors and they agreed, sent us home with Enfamil prosobee 9-24 months and told us to stay AWAY from ALL dairy products until he is 18 months. We agreed and were doing great until a week and a half after being put on the enfamil prosobee. Last Wednesday night Ethan was up every half our from 2am on. He was so restless and couldn't fall back to sleep. After getting him back to sleep for about 45 minutes he was back up at 6:30. I went in to get him and he had thrown up all over his bed. We bathed, changed sheets and continued with our morning. Well, about 20 minutes after eating breakfast he threw-up again. It was nap time and I layed him down, he slept for a little bit woke up and had completely exploded in his pants like I have never seen. My poor little guy. I then started to think that maybe he is allergic to Soy. I thought to myself, if that's the case, what does this poor kid drink? We went about our day at home and this all continued. Well, it is still going on today(Tuesday) and I am really starting to worry. I thought he was starting to do a little bit better by Sunday night but yesterday, Monday, he took a turn for the worse and started the whole thing over again. Last night he was up all night throwing-up and changing diapers. My heart just breaks for my little guy. I have been in contact with the doctors and, ofcourse our pediatrician is out of town, and the nurse tells me as long as he is drinking we are not to worried. WHAT!, this kid can't keep ANYTHING down! I feel like the most helpless mother. All I can do is hold him, love him, sing to him and tell him how much I love him. I feel horrible and could only imagine going through what he is. His poor little bottom is SO raw it just looks terrible. The nurse said that it could be the flu or rotovirus and that they wouldn't do anything different than what I am already doing. I have to watch closely and make sure he is not dehydrated and just keep giving him fluids. Thank goodness my little guy has some extra meat on his bones because he would just be wasting away. I am really hoping it is NOT rotovirus, because that is not a good thing to have and it could last up to 3 weeks, AAHHHH! I am hoping it is just the flu, but that freaks me out because of all the deaths that have been happening due to the flu. I guess I will continue just holding him and loving him; keeping him as comfortable as I can. I love him SO much and it just breaks my heart to see him continue to go through problems. He is one tough cookie and I think we should change his name to Champ. He is our champ, our little fighter our little man that try's so hard to play and be strong when he doesn't feel good. Oh, I just LOVE him to pieces and hope he is feeling better SOON.
Today's goal is to try and get ALL 3 of us down for a nap at the SAME TIME. Let's hope it works.
Throwing up, diahrea......No SLEEP!!!!
Posted by Kerri
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
Kerri- Sounds like YOU are quite the champ yourself! Your family is just beautiful!!! Please take care- and it's good to be back in touch! :) -Kathryn (higgins) Osmond
Post a Comment