Well, I am alive! Thank goodness! The surgery went well. It was longer than expected and my doctor said that it was a lot worse than what he had thought. It was a complete hysterectomy which included taking out my uterus, and both ovaries. My doctor told Ryan, while I was in recovery, that there was no way I would have ever been able to get pregnant with medication or even carry a child with IVF (in-vitro fertilization) with how my ovaries and uterus looked. At first, that was hard to hear but it was a definite answer to my prayers and to the blessings which I had received prior to the surgery. Because it was a lot worse than expected I was told that I have to be down for ateast 3 weeks!! I have almost 2 wks (tom. Tuesday) down and 1 more to go before I can slowly start to do things and start to drive! I am really trying to take it easy, but I have to say it is SO hard to just lay here and not do anything. I have read a few books, become a pro at sudoku and have started writing my kids adoption stories that I will put in a book for them one day. I am trying to stay positive and keep my spirits up. My hormones are going crazy and the hot flashes are HORRIBLE!! If anyone has advice on those I would LOVE to hear about it. I don't want to have to go on medication, but these hot flashes are keeping me up at night and I never realized how good I slept at night until now. I know that my body is in shock right now and that it is going to take some time to figure itself out, but if anyone has any advice, please leave a comment I would love to hear about it. If I do need to go on hormones we have already talked about doing bio-identical, we have read about them and heard that they are great!
As of now, thank you to everyone for your thoughts, concerns and help. From my family to yours, thank you.
Finally....A surgery update!
Posted by Kerri
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
Kerri! Hang in there! Hope your next week is more enjoyable! I've heard about bio-identical hormones and heard they work awesome. I don't know anything more though. Hope you get some sleep!
Hey Kerri, My stepmom takes the herb black-kohosh for hot flashes and says it works miracles!! It's just an herb, over the counter. You might want to give it a try!! :) I'm glad to hear it was the right decision and that you are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel!
-kathryn
Hi Kerri, hey I'm so glad that the surgery went well and you are recovering. I want to bring you dinner one night. I know the ward has been scheduling this but will you check and see if there is a night you know of that isn't covered and I'll be calling you soon to find out when I can bring something by.
Post a Comment